Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

POSE NUDE WITH POZ MAGAZINE!
      #91648 - 03/09/04 03:41 PM

POSE NUDE WITH POZ!

Please join us in celebrating P0Z magazine's 10th anniversary at a private indoor installation by artist Spencer Tunick to be held at a location in the West Village (in New York City) on the morning of Saturday, March 13, 2004.

POZ's May issue will mark 10 years' publishing-and partnering with the HIV community-and artist Spencer Tunick has generously agreed to create one of his installations, a photograph of which will be used on the cover of our 10th anniversary issue. (For samples of Spencer's world-renowned work, see the attached image or visit www.spencertunick.com.) We invite you to participate in what is certain to be a fun event, a powerful artwork and a life-affirming experience.

Spencer's installations and photographs have not only made a profound impression on audiences worldwide but have even been, for some participants, personally transformative. We can think of no better way to mark this milestone than to work with Spencer to create this portrait of a proud community.

The installation is intended to celebrate our survival, combat AIDS stigma, challenge AIDS complacency, encourage disclosure and send a clear message to friends and enemies alike that we are more empowered than ever.

The image we use on the cover will be exclusively of people with HIV. We are especially interested in encouraging a broad cross-section of people with HIV, including women, people of color, people over 50 and people whose bodies have been visibly affected by HIV or HIV-related drugs. (Genitalia will not be visible in the image used on the cover.)

The entire event will only take a little over an hour, and you will be naked only for short intervals.

Everyone who poses will receive a limited edition photograph of the installation, signed by the artist.

To register to pose and receive more information with exact location and further instructions please email: poznude@poz.com.

If for any reason a friend that you want to participate does not have access to a computer, you can register for them. We have limited space, so please reply ASAP to guarantee that you will be included in this installation.

We promise you a memorable and meaningful experience.

See you there (and bare)!

The POZ Staff

www.spencertunick.com
www.poz.com

Edited by TheBody (03/11/04 12:34 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: POSE NUDE WITH POZ! new
      #91730 - 03/10/04 03:37 PM

For those who want to know, it is Legit, it is being shot in New York, and it will be shot this weekend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: POSE NUDE WITH POZ MAGAZINE! new
      #93044 - 03/24/04 12:50 AM

I'd love to pose nude for POZ
I'm a long term survivor (I believe I was exposed more than 20 years ago)
I'm healthy, fit and proud of being 47 years old.
I live 60 miles north of SF, let me know if your out this way for a photo shoot
Steve

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2066

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3