Pages: 1
sweetpea9919
Regular

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Life is GOOD
      #87016 - 02/12/04 05:53 AM

Hi everyone!

A lot of people come to this forum in times of pain, anxiety, and confusion. I thought I would post a message with a different feeling.

My life is going GREAT. At my last doctor appointment, my T-Cells were at 923, which is the highest they have ever been. My viral load has been undetectable for almost 5 years now. In fact, this month marks 5 years since I started the meds.

I'm actively doing speaking presentations at colleges and universities for "Positively Speaking." I love telling my story, mostly because every girl in the room can relate to my life story-- up until my diagnosis. The fear factor shocks the hell out of everyone in the room, and I love it.

My mom is running for a state senate position in southern California. She's a democrat, and some of the big issues she's passionate about are same-sex marriage, adoption, etc. And of course, getting more money for HIV/AIDS research is a huge priority for her. She's getting ready to give her first speech, and I told her to talk about ME. She doesn't just "say" she cares about these issues--- she really does! She lost a brother to AIDS, and her only daughter is HIV positive. I think she's getting strength to speak from me and my strength. Actually, I think we're good for each other. =)

I just had my taxes done, and I'm getting almost $4,000 back. I've also recently met a guy, and although things are going SLOWLY, we have an amazing connection.

Life is good. Who'd have thought? I love being me....

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Life is GOOD new
      #87017 - 02/12/04 06:40 AM

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You are a star, and such an inspiration for everyone who's feeling down. Your mum sounds awesome too. Keep smiling. xxx

Parrothead

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Atlantic Beach, FL
      #87018 - 02/12/04 08:56 AM

YAY! Girl, I'm just so happy for you! You have amazed me from the first time I spoke with you and you continue to, everyday. You inspire me so much, Erika. With all the hardships you've been dealt, you keep such a great outlook and an awesome attitude. You make me think about everything I have to be grateful for... my kids, my fiance, even my screwed up family. :) I'm getting back $4300 on my refund, by the way!!! Whooppeeee! I'm gonna get me a home gym so I can get in shape before summertime gets here.

As far as your mom goes... I think it's so amazing that she's been so supportive of you. That was the main thing I was worried about during my scare... that my family would disown me. I'm still not sure that they wouldn't have, considering that I'm kinda the black sheep anyway... But, it's occurring to me more and more that all of that doesn't matter. What matters is the family I've built for myself. My future husband, my boys....

Oh yea, good lck on the new love in your life. You are such a sweetheart and any man who doesn't see it isn't worth your time anyway.

But, anyway, I want to thank you for being there for me when I needed it and helping everyone else you've given advice to. It's about time you got a reward for all your kind, unselfish deeds. =) Hugs girlie.

Amanda

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87807 - 02/15/04 03:55 PM

Hi Erica, my name is Joe, a gay male (38) living in Phoenix. I'm so happy to hear your story. You are my inspiration. I started meds last week. I found out I was positive over a year ago and was okay until a week ago when my doc suggested I start meds. I really have not had any side effects, bad ones anyway. It's such a commitment. I freak out all the time. I hope that i can tell your story sometime. Already I feel way better. Perjaps it's in my mind. I have a follow-up appt in one month so we will see. Thanks again, and I hope your welll being continues!!
joe

sweetpea9919
Regular

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
      #88977 - 02/17/04 12:58 PM

Hi Joe,

After a long and wonderful 3-day weekend, I'm finally able to respond to some posts.

I'm glad you found some inspiration in my words. I don't mean to be an inspiration, I'm just living my fabulous life the way I see fit. I hope you do the same. I remember my first year after diagnosis... your outlook is already much beter than mine was at that point. In a few years, you'll be exceeding my positive outlook!

Your new friend...

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Mister_Negativo
New User

Reged: 02/18/04
Loc: Soon to be Southern California
      #89194 - 02/18/04 09:17 AM

You're all aboslutely right about that! She IS wonderful! I dont think anyone could be any more so.

--------------------
King Negativo to a VERY special Poz woman!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#89493 - 02/19/04 05:25 PM

Hey Erica! It's Joe, in Phoenix. What's up? Things are good. I am feeling really good lately, actually great. Thank you so much for responding. Keep in touch won't ya?
j

JOJO
Unregistered

#91287 - 03/05/04 02:17 PM

Hello there. I was just reading your posting with the subject life is good. I am very happy for you, knowing that you have been undetected for so long. I am a 28 year old female and just found out my + status in aug of 03. Reading stories like yours are inspiring to me. I was also wondering I mean if its not to personal, What cocktails are you on. Hoping to hear from you. Take care of yourself, Oh and enjoy your $ 4,000.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3342

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3