The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stupid Things one night, Jackie please help!!!
      #81098 - 01/16/04 01:39 PM

Well here I go freaking out,

As I look in trying not to worry but looking for help, (Jackie, Sweet Pea, Etc) Well I am a hetero guy who had unprotected receptive oral sex with a prostitute. I know dumb but slight chances of HIV but risks of other STD's also.
Well no joke, while I had my eyes closed relaxing, she stopped and hopped on and proceeded to have sex with her vagina, unprotected. After about 5-10 seconds I realized what the freak was going on (I was really drunk) I had her get off and started oral again for about 15 seconds (I did not ejaculate) so the whole sex act was maybe 5 minutes, with 5-10 seconds of vaginal sex and now am really concerned about HIV infection. I have read its harder for women to give HIV to men....but it can happen I know anything is possible, espescially unprotected with a prostitute. I had no visible damage to myself, but what about transmission through the uretha?? How much vaginal fluid is needed to transmit the virus, ( I know its hard to rate but to ease my mind)
On a side note this happened about 7 days ago, I had slight discomfort on my tip of my penis, I think this was due to her being kinda rough, when she mounted. There was no pain in urinating. And has gone away about 3-4 days after sex.
I am just wondering even though studies have gone out about women to men transmission rates, but they never say about condum usage or not. I am going to get testing at the 26 day, 3 month and 6 month time period. But if anyone can let me know the risks of exposure that would be great. I have no STD's (I will get the full testing of other STD's also) so I know that reduces the risk somewhat, even though I am a bonehead....

Thanks
:-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Stupid Things one night, Jackie please help!!! new
      #81101 - 01/16/04 03:03 PM

Yes, you were a bonehead. But the first step is realizing that you were a bonehead. The next step is not to do it again.

To answer your questions.. it's true, it is a lot hard for a woman to pass the HIV virus to a man, but it CAN happen. And yes, vaginal fluids can enter the urethra. How much is needed, I don't know. There has been a lot of discussion about how sick the person with the HIV virus is. For example, some doctors think you are more likely to get HIV from someone with a lower T-Cell count and higher Viral load than from me, who's viral load is undetectable and T-Cell count is very high. But this is still being debated.

I would say your risk is low, but we don't know anything about the pros, so who's to say? Just make sure you GET TESTED at the appropriate dates. In the meantime, use this time to THINK and Pray. I'll be thinking of you.

Erika

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Anonymous
Unregistered

#81141 - 01/16/04 09:54 PM

Erika,

Thanks for your response, I cant imagine what you have gone through. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder...better than mine. I also just read your story and you definetly are an inspiration of how you live your life being HIV+. I will get tested at the regualr intervals. And not to do another bonehead thing again. But and there is always a but... I just have a sinking feeling.... Thanks once again and I'll be thinking of you too and everyone with HIV and hopefully they will find a cure someday.

Thanks,
Andy

sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
      #81204 - 01/17/04 03:22 PM

Andy,

Glad I could be of some service to you. Also, thank you for the kind words. I believe 100% that I contracted HIV for a reason. I have 3 younger brothers and 5 younger cousins... hopefully my life (and mistakes) can be some sort of example for them, and for others.

Be good to yourself,
Erika

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1660

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3