Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Superficial Question
      #78008 - 11/10/03 11:57 AM

I realize taht many will feel this question is ridiculous and superficial but, the way I look at is, just because I am hiv+ doesn't mean I have to stop caring about my looks.

So teh question is, does anyone know if there are any special precautions and/or concerns for a person who is + and considering botox injections? Does anyone know where I could find articles or information on this topic?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Superficial Question new
      #78042 - 11/10/03 06:46 PM

Ask the doctors on this site. They'll answer you. I'm sure tons of people are getting this treatment...even with HIV and HAART

LoveIsNotAWord
Grand Master

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: We are in West Texas
      #78070 - 11/11/03 05:45 PM

Dear ANON,

I think it is a great question and why not be concerned with your looks; there is much longevity and a future for most diagnosed with HIV today; one does not stop living just because they have a disorder. Ask your doctor :)

Karen

--------------------
Karen G....
"Live with it!"

mamamai
Unregistered

#78266 - 11/15/03 03:29 PM

No question is superficial...
There a magazine called POZ..In it there are articules
about facial waisting, and how to maintain your looks.
The Meds alway change the way we look..so Ask your doctor
or usually right in the drs office they supply plenty of
helpful magazines that are all aids related..You can
subscribe to Poz Magazine...Thats only one of them, there
are so many that would be helpful in answering your questions.....hope that helps..

Anonymous
Unregistered

"Superficial" Fix: Silicone Droplets Work! new
      #78282 - 11/15/03 04:40 PM

Does "superficial" guy have lipodystophy? I do. 4 years after starting d4t (and 3tc) therapy, and 9 years after HIV diagnosis, I started losing fat in buttocks and facial cheeks (So lipo could be caused by HIV, d4t, or maybe both). 2 years ago quit therapy (STI) at MD's advice, but lost fat did not return. Worse, exactly 14 months ago, I suddenly started accumulating fat in belly, sides, and later entire chest. I have mostly worked in hard labor, lift weights (29 years), eat very well, hardly drink at all. Still looking for answers. It is frustrating when you live right and suddenly get fat all over (OK, well under) torso.
Now as to your facial cheeks…GOOD NEWS! I have undergone silicone (droplets) treatment administered by expert. The droplets cause the body to build its own collagen around each one, gradually building up your missing flesh (as swelling from treatment gradually dissipates). I had moderate facial wasting. It is gone, perhaps forever. My cost? 3 nearly painless treatments and hiding out 5-7 days after each treatment. Forget fat, Nufill, or implants. I spent $2550 (and still carry the debt on a card)! This is the way to go. Of course the treatment is superficial. But I got tired of looking sick and haggard and wearing an HIV badge wherever I went. So really my plastic surgeon carefully and gradually recreated the face I would have had if I didn’t have HIV. There wasn’t any surgery, just needle pricks and a whole lot of chipmunk-type swelling. Easier than a root canal. I think I deserve the benefits of this treatment. And you sound like a thoughtful patient and not a whiner. So you do too!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2296

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3