Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

two characteristics......
      #73712 - 10/04/03 01:15 AM

i'm looking for a question for class

What are two characteristics of the HIV virus which make if difficult to eradicate from the body on a cellular level?

please help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ONEKAYBE
Unregistered

Re: two characteristics...... new
      #73745 - 10/04/03 02:02 AM

Well, for one, a negative HIV viral load does not mean "no virus." It only means the virus can no longer be found.

Secondly, Antibodies are a type of protein that your body makes when it comes into contact with some organism that it considers an invader. It then fights the invader and the antibodies are the leftover, "bodyguards" that keep the invader from invading the body again. HIV tests are for antibodies which usually do not ever leave the body.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74051 - 10/05/03 02:00 PM

I'm very new on this board and I thought when you get a Aids test they test for Aids. What do you mean its sounds like there testing for something else? Please help

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74057 - 10/05/03 04:00 PM

hey,
HIV has a protein coat called the capsid which is surrounded by another protien called p18 and there is also a third covering (the outer envelope)of glycoprotiens. These protiens help hide the virus from the immune system....making it look like any other white blood cell. THe virus contains two molecules of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. When HIV enters a host its reverse transcripase uses the viral RNA as templates to synthesize DNA. Any virus that carries out this RNA->DNA reverse transcription is called a retrovirus. Then the new DNA is inserted into the hosts SNA where it could lie dormant for years.

Hey, I hope you get an A :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74058 - 10/05/03 04:02 PM

Sorry, instead of SNA, I meant DNA...im sure u figured that out

ONEKAYBE
Unregistered

#74121 - 10/06/03 01:07 PM

They are testing for antibodies that "look" like HIV but no one really knows what "HIV" looks like. All sorts of antibodies can cross react. There are around 67 different conditions that can cause a false positive reaction, (although I don't know what that means because there is really no "true positive reactions").

In order for an HIV test to actually be a test for a virus called HIV, HIV would have to be isolated, in other words, you would have to be able to see the an entire virus. They have not been able to do this with HIV yet they still consider it to be an actual virus.

When they do an HIV elisa test they are looking for a DEGREE of reaction, (a change of color - the greater change the more PROBABILITY that you have a positive HIV test. However there are three results reported, 1) positive 2) negative 3) indeterminent. The indeterminent results are the ones that they then regard your personal information, (gay or straight, iv drug user or not, ethnicity, (black Hispanic, white). If you are a gay man, an IV user or black or Hispanic your chances of coming back with a positive test from an "inderterminant" result will be far greater.

So no, they do not test for AIDS. The inserts on ALL of the HIV tests to date have disclaimers stating that they are used to HELP a diagnosis. They are not a diagnosis in itself. Also the viral load test has the same disclaimer in it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74288 - 10/07/03 05:28 PM

I keep reading all these types of threads. If someone could please takt the time to answer them rather then just say don't pay any attention to them, you sound like the wizard of oz when you do that

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74372 - 10/07/03 09:47 PM

There is real information available on this site. If you are looking for a debate between what's real and respected and what the denialist speak then you should take the time to investigate on your own. The rest of us don't care to see or hear any of the ridiculous pseudo-science they preach. There is not one mainstream scientific source that believes any of what they have to say. Check these sites: CDC, John's Hopkins AIDS Service, US Public Health Service, World Health organization, International Red Cross, NIH AIDS Information, Journal of the American Medical Association HIV/AIDS..these are all internationally recognized groups and agencies that will tell you the truth about what is real.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74601 - 10/08/03 10:02 PM

The Padian study was conducted in 1997. Um, hello, the year is 2003 (almost 2004). I must inform you that there has been a great deal more research since 1997. What I find to be rather amusing is that most of the so-called "research" you post is from pre 1998. PLEASE, your studies are based on predated research from third world countries. You have no original thought; just a mindless follower of some obscure HIV myth cult. Normally I would laugh at such nonsense, but I really feel sorry for you. Lithium, perhaps Depakote could cure your Manic depression. Only someone with a mental disease would spam ridiculous articles about how HIV is not blocked by condoms, yet is small enough to move through them. I am really sorry you are in denial and I know you will continuously post, but I feel I must say something against your mindless blabber and possibly protect someone against contracting this awful disease. Please, if you are just learning about HIV and AID know that heterosexuals do get HIV and condoms can help as a barrier against the virus.

ONEKAYBE
Unregistered

#74652 - 10/09/03 03:31 AM

Subject Re: two characteristics......
Posted by Anonymous (Unregistered)
Posted on 10/5/03 04:00 PM

hey,
"HIV has a protein coat called the capsid which is surrounded by another protien called p18 and there is also a third covering (the outer envelope)of glycoprotiens. These protiens help hide the virus from the immune system....making it look like any other white blood cell. THe virus contains two molecules of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. When HIV enters a host its reverse transcripase uses the viral RNA as templates to synthesize DNA. Any virus that carries out this RNA->DNA reverse transcription is called a retrovirus. Then the new DNA is inserted into the hosts SNA where it could lie dormant for years."

Where did you get this information? Even the Orthodox scientists admit they do not know how HIV works in the body. There are always new theories coming out that suggest how HIV depletes T cells. If they don't know how HIV depletes the immune system how do they know where it is when it is doing what they don't know it does?

I personally think HIV is going to live dormant in the human body until the Orthodox AIDS scientists get over themselves and admit they don't have a clue and that their initial theory was flawed and not proven, (although any AIDS scientist would have to admit that their theory does NOT, in fact, prove CAUSATION and that what they have is a bunch of CORRELATION ). Then maybe they can bring this illusive HIV out of hiding and realize that the lengths they have gone to, to try and explain away the impossible was just a really bad dream.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74656 - 10/09/03 09:18 AM

I quoted the information from the Indiana University Microbiology book. This is what they teach students that are in persuit of higher education. Novel idea, eh?

Anonymous A
Unregistered

#74667 - 10/09/03 04:40 PM

Smooth answer my friend. It's hard to refute real information based on real science. For more REAL science, the rest of you might want to check out the American Society of Microbiology (gists) website at http://aem.asm.org

Anonymous
Unregistered

#74712 - 10/10/03 10:09 AM

Your scientists deal with theories. On the other hand we deal with our loved ones. I lost my brother to AIDS; he was not given any HIV treatment he was treated for his infections. He was very healthy except for the last three months. It all happened suddenly. His HIV status was found out at the last moment. I wish even those so called toxic medicines extended his life for one more year. They say AIDS is not infectious, his wife tested positive for HIV. Your scientists just preach there is no HIV don’t take drugs. If it was true, they would have got noble prize by now just for irradiating AIDS from this earth!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4049

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3