Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

thrush
      #70043 - 08/24/03 08:13 PM

i was wondering why im getting thrush with t cells 784 and viral load is undectable?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: thrush new
      #70127 - 08/25/03 05:35 AM

Many things can cause thrush that have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. With your counts this is probably one of those.

I think we all get tunnel vision sometimes and forget that just because we have HIV we can get stuff that has nothing to do with it. I copied a few paragraphs from 1uphealth.com listing the causes of thrush.

The mouth normally contains many microorganisms. One of these normal microorganisms is the fungus Candida albicans, which is the same fungus associated with vaginal yeast infections or other Candida infections. The growth of Candida is normally kept under control by the presence of normal bacteria.

Uncontrolled overgrowth of Candida in the mouth may be caused by factors that reduce the natural resistance, such as illness, stress, long-term use of corticosteroids or medications that suppress the immune system, and immune disorders such as (AIDS).

It may also be caused by conditions that upset the balance of normal microorganisms in the mouth. This is most commonly associated with use of antibiotics, but it may also occur with uncontrolled diabetes mellitus and with the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy or the use of birth control pills.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1621

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3