Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Marijuana for Medical Uses
      #63407 - 04/09/03 12:39 PM

I am doing a Reaserch paper on Marijuana for Medical Uses, and I was wondering if I could get a poll (Anonymously of course) of the HIV/AIDS positive and negitive persons who would be willing to let me know what they think of using Marijuana for a medication. I do not wish to offend anyone, and if I do I am truly sorry. I am just tired of hearing all the negitive things about Marijuana and how it is the "worst" drug out there. ...

C.C.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Marijuana for Medical Uses new
      #63436 - 04/10/03 08:05 AM

There is a medical form of marijuania in a pill called "Marinol". It is prescribed for nausea. Works just as well as smoking. However the pill form is paid for by Medicaid and the weed is not. So you decide !

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Marijuana for Medical Uses new
      #63437 - 04/10/03 10:06 AM

Marinol works for some people, but not for all. When it's used for dealing with nausua it doesn't work as well as the real thing. A chemo patient that can't keep anything down won't be helped by Marinol. What good is a pill that they will promptly puck up?

From personal experience I know that my appitite is better with the real thing, than when I take Marinol. It settles my stomach so I can actually look at food without feeling sick.

It's shown in natural form to help chronic pain and it's a lot less addictive and dangerous than narcotic pain pills.

Also the laws for use step all over each other. In my state marijuana may be prescribed by a doctor. But there are no pharmacies in the state that are allowed to fill or even carry marijuana. The reason is because Federal law prohibits pharmacies from stocking or dispensing it. What's a person to do? Pay more and be breaking the laws.

I think the bottom line in all this is since the government wouldn't be able to regulate it (and tax it) since it's so easily grown they leave it illegal even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it helps. Cocaine and Moraphine have both are both appoved for medicinal use.

Organizations that support the use of medical Marijuana include:

The Institute of Medicine, the American Academy of Family Physicians; American Bar Association; American Public Health Association; American Society of Addiction Medicine; AIDS Action Council; British Medical Association; California Academy of Family Physicians; California Legislative Council for Older Americans; California Medical Association; California Nurses Association; California Pharmacists Association; California Society of Addiction Medicine; California-Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church; Colorado Nurses Association; Consumer Reports Magazine; Kaiser Permanente; Lymphoma Foundation of America; Multiple Sclerosis California Action Network; National Association of Attorneys General; National Association of People with AIDS; National Nurses Society on Addictions; New Mexico Nurses Association; New York State Nurses Association; New England Journal of Medicine; and Virginia Nurses Association.

See for more information: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/medicalm.htm

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1522

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3