HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Allan
Regular

Reged: 11/22/02
Loc: Georgia
Two Hands In The Air !!
      #53910 - 01/05/03 04:21 PM

You know when the planes hit the towers and I saw a reaction shot of Bush in a Florida school I said to my self he should get better lessons on how to act surprised. So yes I am a skeptic and a strong beliver in what lines the pockets of the unseen Billionairs is what is good for the country "Their Country" . And I am said to be HIV+ and hav been for 5 years and read both sides of the arguements ( I sort of understans about  of the hard science protein markers position 15 etc..) and I know when I stop meds for a week I feel great. All I wanted to say is that indeed the posters of the ' Other Side Of The Issue" ie HIV is not a direct path to AIDS and perhaps there has been from the very start a flaw in the science that could indeed have caused the suffering and death of many and if the drug companies profit well you know it's in the long term 'Good FDor The Country" Dr.s once stated cigarettes were good for the nerves and I think US Army etc provided Smokes for OUR BOYS ... but any way I really simply wanted to encourage the individuals that post as anonymous to get a name cause it seems it has come to the point that no one reads what they post.
So if you want to share some stuff register and there will be I am sure some who will agree and respond accordingly .

Lots of words eh ??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Two Hands In The Air !! new
      #53983 - 01/06/03 03:24 PM

You write: "I am said to be HIV+ and hav been for 5 years and read both sides of the arguements ( I sort of understans about of the hard science protein markers position 15 etc..) and I know when I stop meds for a week I feel great. All I wanted to say is that indeed the posters of the ' Other Side Of The Issue" ie HIV is not a direct path to AIDS "

You have only been positive for 5 years. Medical Science has proven that HIV is a slow progressive virus which untreated takes 10+ years to do it's full damage. A lot of factors go into that 10+ year number, some people progress in 5 years, others 15. So what your saying is total denialist bullshit. Just because you feel better when you stop the meds and just because you don't see OI's taking over your body you assume that HIV is not a direct path to AIDS?

So keep both hands up in the air because the denialist will rob you of your life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#54044 - 01/06/03 07:12 PM

If you go on to read the entire post the actuall reason for the post was to ask the "Anonymous" individuals in order to gain more credibility and perhaps open dialogue that they actually adopt an identity ie a name and e-mail for responses and questions. what will or will not happen to me is much more in my hands than of my young Dr. who only knows and has no idea of any other possible ( if remote) hypothesis .

Soon..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#54348 - 01/09/03 05:02 AM

There is nothing wrong with being a skeptic if you are being a logical, rational one. Maybe it's coincidence that you feel better off the meds for a week. Maybe your body isn't responding well to those particular meds. There are too many credible people that can attest to this disease being real. Medical professionals. Persons with AIDS/HIV.
Yes, the drug companies will do anything to make $. So self-promoting is understandable (although disgusting, they aren't doing it for social reasons), but the drugs are needed. They no doubt have saved/extended my life. If you are going to be skeptical, be skeptical PERIOD, not just toward one person or a drug company. Question those who question. Good luck to you!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#54511 - 01/11/03 01:02 PM

Just ten years? A more recent interview with one of the top poeple at the cdc said possibily 25 or more. Everyone has a different number.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#54512 - 01/11/03 01:12 PM

Just be aware that that young doctor will only prescribe treatments that are established guidlines. The scary thing here is that roughly half of the people writting these guidlines in the last 3 or 4 years have finacial if not other conflicts of interest. A problem that dozens of non dissident organizations are trying to find ways to change. You should do your own research as well depend on your doctor. It might save your life.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57650 - 02/07/03 05:22 AM

I post anonymous at this time for security possibly-just found out about a possible security leak with major ISP,hackers abound, so definately not chancing it with my e-mail address paranoia. There are still many homophobic, HIV phobic, etc. people out there just looking for an pportunity to slam, preach, etc.. I will use a name, if you really feel a higher read/response rate is in order. But I personally understand and don't question if someone wishes to post anonymous. Unless they are posting detrimental posts! Certain propoganda pushed on these boards by an anonymous user is upsetting because it's crap, that bothers me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2308

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3