Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Smallpox vaccine question
      #48535 - 12/18/02 04:23 AM

Hiv people can't have vaccine or be around anyone who has had it for awhile. So, what to do when working and living around other people?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Smallpox vaccine question new
      #48642 - 12/12/02 08:23 PM

Only response is to ask your local infectious disease doctor as well as your physician for an answer to this question, as unfortunately, it is going to be a reality in our lives for the next while. Some of the advice will probably be the same as dealing with children and their vaccinations when you are HIV pos. Some of the vaccinations are live virus, modified live virus and killed virus. Knowing the type of vaccine is important in assessing the threat risk of exposure around ANY vaccinated persons.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#48660 - 12/12/02 09:17 PM

A vaccine is antibodies to the virus. Only in 'AIDS' is the presence of antibodies (the bodies natural defense against infection) considered as infection. AIDS tests only test for antibodies. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Chris Noble
Unregistered

#48667 - 12/12/02 09:41 PM

That's funny.
Chickenpox is a lifelong infection.
If you have antibodies to VZV it means you ARE infected.

There are many other bacteria and viruses that are never cleared from the body. They persist despite antibodies.

You are an ignorant troll.

Chris Noble

Anonymous
Unregistered

#48745 - 12/13/02 02:20 AM

Actually, HIV infected who have not informed anyone of their status willh have to stay away from people who have had the vaccine, kind of hide out.

Allan

Reged: 11/22/02
Loc: Georgia
      #48866 - 12/13/02 05:52 PM

If one reads the Emergency Medical Services Act under the Anti terrorism bill any state governor has the right ( with proper circumstances) to declare an emergency and require EVERYONE to be vaccinated if you say NO then you get quaranteened . So this is part of the REAL reason for the BUSH ANti Terrorism plan what bettery way to get rid of AIDS that to kill off the individuales infected with the disease. Yoo do not want vaccine it is aginst public safty then you go " Away' or get the shot and take your chances the one question WHAT CONSTITUTES A STATE EMERGENCY IN THE GOVERNORS EYES ??

Anonymous
Unregistered

#49003 - 12/13/02 11:30 PM

I never said antibodies always win the battle against infection just that they fight infection.

Thank you for such a polite reply.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Alan new
      #49087 - 12/14/02 02:34 PM

What you write will not happen, government will not make people have smallpox vacs ever, if they are immune compromised!

Chris Noble
Unregistered

Gutless Anonymous Liar new
      #49447 - 12/16/02 06:35 PM

GAL wrote: Only in 'AIDS' is the presence of antibodies (the bodies natural defense against infection) considered as
infection.

This is not true. There are many other persistent infections such as herpes simplex where the presence of antibodies means you are infected.

Your ignorance is not just confined to HIV and AIDS.

Chris Noble

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Gutless Apologist Liar new
      #50286 - 12/18/02 09:18 PM

Your censor keeps removing my reply because it wins the debate.

Chris Noble
Unregistered

#50295 - 12/18/02 09:25 PM

Your censor keeps removing my reply because it wins the debate.

Rubbish.
There are several pathogens such as herpes simplex virus where antibodies indicate that you ARE infected. HIV is not an exception.

Instead of seriously answering this point you cry censorship and claim that you win the debate.

You are a pathetic liar.

Chris Noble

Chris Noble
Unregistered

#50479 - 12/19/02 02:37 AM

GAL wrote : You need a full time censor to remove my replies.

No, I don't. I can read your reply now. So why did you just make an inane comment rather than addressing my criticism.

GAL wrote: Only in 'AIDS' is the presence of antibodies (the bodies natural defense against infection) considered as
infection.

This is not true. There are many other persistent infections such as herpes simplex where the presence of antibodies means you are infected.

Why don't you answer this criticism with factual information?

Why do you expect anyone to believe your twaddle if you display such ignorance of basic virology and immunology?

Chris Noble

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3594

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3