HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
There are groups that care
      #45077 - 11/26/02 03:28 PM

Major League Baseball isn't exactly what you think of when you think about groups that help to make a difference to people with HIV/AIDS. So I wanted to share what the Boston Red Sox did 10 days ago.

Every year the Boston Living Center puts on a Celebration of Life Thanksgiving Dinner. It’s a free dinner for friends and family of those who are affected by HIV/AIDS. There are over 2000 people who attend this event, and this year marks the 15th anniversary. Due to budget cuts and the economy the Living Center just didn't have the money to hold the dinner this year until 10 days ago when the Boston Red Sox found out and decided to pay for the event.

I went last night and even though it wasn't as flashy as past events, because of the short time in planning the overall atmosphere was the best that I have ever seen. The new GM was there as well as several of the Ball players being Celebrity servers. I’m sure that in the grand scheme of the budget that the Red Sox work with it was a drop in the bucket, but to me it made a loud statement.

I think it's amazing when a group like the Red Sox see something like this dinner and decide that they can make a difference.

For the whole story check out: http://www.baywindows.com/news/330227.html

Gregg

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 844

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3