Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Dissident_rep.
Unregistered

TheBody - Can we live in peace?
      #44177 - 11/18/02 04:23 AM

Dear TheBody,

It is not our intention to eliminate this board although it is clearly within our power. All we desire is a fair representation of our viewpoint free of censorship.

We are quite prepared to limit postings to a reasonable level and not overwhelm other points of view. If you are willing to allow us to present our case in a balanced manner we will respond with consideration for you and your establishment readership. Censorship should we applied in a nonpartisan manner and only to abusive, obscene, commercial and illegal matter.

We cannot be dismissed as fools or crackpots any more than all the people who share your viewpoint can

An open and adult dialogue could in the long term benefit all the parties involved. The interaction with Karla being a good example.

I have requested a cease fire for 24 hours from the main players who I have considerable influence with in order to give you time to consider this offer. I hope you will not let your emotions cloud you reasoned judgment and will see the wisdom of this amicable solution to this conflict.

I await you reply.

Yours faithfully,

Dissident coordinator

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TheBody - Can we live in peace? new
      #44182 - 11/18/02 09:30 AM

So now you don't want to shut the board down. The other day you threatened to and even now you say it's within your powers to do so. Yes, you can post the same old article on every question of the day. You can post totally unrelated things on everything. You offer no help to people who are dealing with an illness. In fact, you DENY that they're even suffering. You tell them their doctors are quacks without knowing whats going on. You offer NO treatment options because you're not a doctor but someone trying to bring this board and everyone else down.

Dr.HIV
Unregistered

#44183 - 11/18/02 09:33 AM

Dear dissident coordinator,
When I go to the dissident sites and post my proof that HIV becomes AIDS in humans my posts get taken off on your boards. I go in with the websites and book that prove the fact that HIV is a sexually transmitted disease and your boards shut me down in about 10 minutes. You get much better treatment here than I get on your boards. Maybe you should make sure your boards are allowing the other side with the facts that show HIV progresses to AIDS and AIDS kills. Maybe your board would let me post my facts that HIV is sexually transmitted and not have my posts eliminated in 10 minutes or less. I can not believe that the dissidents are calling for equality on this board when I can not get more then 2 hits before my posts are yanked. Just think, they want the courtesy of the body leaving there posts up here, mine stay up here. But I’m infected, and I also am a researcher, I have found there theories proven wrong, any time I post the proof, POOF it disappear. Maybe the people running there boards know this and do not want there sheep to wander when they find out they were wrong.

AIDS Research and Proof Scientist

Karla
Unregistered

#44186 - 11/18/02 10:00 AM

Dear Board Moderator (of The Body): First let me thank you for permitting the discussion to take place between me and my friend, the Dissident Coordinator. Although, ultimately, there are distinct issues that we still do not agree on, we were able to have a mutually respectful and informative discussion for which I am most grateful. I appreciate, my friend, the Dissident Coordinator's proffer of an 'olive branch' above, and I am looking forward to your leadership in consideration of it in the hopes that this site may thrive, grow, & learn, just as we are all trying to do. After all, there are too many people 'out there' who either stay far away from this issue and anyone having anything to do with it at all, or who, regretfully, would openly wish harm on individuals and families struggling with these issues. In the end, it's better to be together, even in respectful, though ardently asserted, disagreement, then to not care at all, or worse to persecute, despise, and isolate those coming to grips with this part of the human condition. With respect to both parties, most sincerely, Karla

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44189 - 11/18/02 11:34 AM

I keep reading your post and I can't get over how full of yourself you are.

I also see a strong comparison to your message and messages from Osama bin La and other terrorists.

If you want a place to post on here so bad, why don't you post your stuff in Treatment (and Alternatives). Let those of us who are using this board as a support forum have it as we wish. If anyone wants to hear your ranting they can go check it out.

Get over yourself. 24 hour cease fire?

PLEASE, you make me laugh

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TheBody - Can we live in peace?
      #44194 - 11/18/02 12:46 PM

Karla:

I don't think you are real person. Cause how ridiculous of you to even entertain this guy and flirt with him. He makes NO sense. He won't have protected sex. He's inconsiderate of people at this board, posting his stupid stuff whether people want to hear it or not. And he dares to imagine or even threaten that if his viewpoint is not heard that he has the power to close this board! And he cries about censorship??? He call himself a representative or coordinator of the "dissidents" But it's easy to tell that he's the person posting constantly! Answering his own posts and making it look like there are groups of these guys.

YOU have to be a figament of his imagination. Cause it's hard to believe there would be a rational human being -- who's at all educated -- to listen to a man who so clearly is not only deluded but dangerous.

And Karla I don't know if you realize it but the true heroes of this epidemic wouldn't even countenace this nonsense! Not John James who writes the best AIDS treatment Newsletter since the beginning of the epidemic. Not Larry Kramer who founded two AIDS organiztion--GMHC and ACT UP. Not any HIV positive doctor.

The so called dissidents are dangerous because they have convinced people to stop or not take medications and THESE PEOPLE HAVE DIED! I know one man who was convinced by them that the medications are toxic (he, unfortunately, never finished high school and has problems making these kind of judgements) Now he has a CD4 count of 20 and crypto and can't get an operation he needs cause he wouldn't survive the operation because of his low CD4 count. He also has been in the hospital twice with PCP and he's a hemophiliac (that's how he got HIV). So he's pretty much doomed only because one of these guys convinced him that he doesn't have a dangerous virus.

Or they convinced people who are positive not to use protection and THESE PEOPLE INFECTED OTHERS.

We who are educated must do ALL we can to STOP these people from spreading their misinformation! If you are a real person then why would you even want them to have run of this board. Haven't you seen the harm they have done???? Haven't you witnessed how absolutely inconsiderate they are of any other viewpoints??
Sincerly,
Rose

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44195 - 11/18/02 01:02 PM

"It is not our intention to eliminate this board although it is clearly within our power."

You can't be serious! What an arrogant jerk! I thought you believed in freedom of speech? You're just a terrorist. Do it my way or else.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44201 - 11/18/02 03:50 PM

You are incorrect. We allow the 'Moderator of the About/HIV hundreds of us. I am still banned (not that anyone has the technology to stop me posting if I wished to).

We only block those who are rude and abusive (like the post above).

Best wishes.

Dave Brader
Unregistered

#44205 - 11/18/02 04:10 PM

"Dear TheBody,

It is not our intention to eliminate this board although it is clearly within our power. All we desire is a fair representation of our viewpoint free of censorship."

LMAO, but they use CENSORSHIP at their webboards to prevent the orthodox view from being aired there!! They are ignorant hypocrites!! LMAO

"We cannot be dismissed as fools or crackpots any more than all the people who share your viewpoint can"

Go to Virusmyth and read their postings, most of them have admitted to having severe psychological problems, which is why they need to live in DENIAL!! LMAO

"I have requested a cease fire for 24 hours from the main players who I have considerable influence with in order to give you time to consider this offer."

LMAO, there are only about a half dozen of these morons, but they come here anonymously as post as three or four different people each. Go to Virusmyth.com and see how few of them there really are!! LMAO

DISSIDENT COORDINATOR, now that is a laugh. It doesn't take a COORDINATOR to coordinate six people!! LMAO LMAO

Dave Brader

Dave Brader
Unregistered

#44206 - 11/18/02 04:15 PM

There are two main DENIALIST webboards. The one at Virusmyth.com and the HIV/AIDS Alternative views at DELPHI. I suggest you go read some of the DENIALIST postings at both of those sites. You will see how extremely psychologically unbalanced they are. You will also see how few of them there really is. They are a joke. All you have to do is read some of their nonsense at either of the sites I listed and you will be ablee to make them look so foolish they will run and hide. They always do!! LMAO

Dave Brader

Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr Barder is quite correct
      #44211 - 11/18/02 05:17 PM

I do not wish to break our assurance that we will not post for 24 hours but I am sure you will permit me to wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Barder fine posting.

He quite correctly states that "there are only six dissidents'.

The six of us have two Nobel Prizes, 800 PhD's, rule the largest country in Africa, maintain 132 web sites and over 600 groups Worldwide (of the six of us), have written 241 books, made twenty
documentaries (one that was awarded the Best BBC Doc. of the Year award), written over 6,000 scientific papers and still found time to post on TheBody.

We are mortal men not Gods contrary to what our achievements may suggest.

I understand why Mr. Barder LOL (laughed out loud) but respectfully suggest (in view of the above) that it may be a case of hysteria that requires prompt
treatment.

Thank you again Mr. Barder for putting the dissident movement in perspective.

Respectfully yours

aidsguide
Unregistered

#44213 - 11/18/02 05:35 PM

I find it very disturbing that a group is trying to hold this board hostage. Threatening to shut the board done is nothing but black mail....the methods of thugs and criminals. If you are indeed as intelligent as you claim to be, throw away the strong arm tactics.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44222 - 11/18/02 06:44 PM

Is posting alternative views (many from sources like the CDC, FDA, OSHA) terrorism or strong arm tactics?

The old names were open dialogue and constructive free speech. How things change!

Jeanne Hatfield
Unregistered

#44231 - 11/18/02 08:47 PM

I am here at the request of several people concerned by your approach. Normally I never respond to anything anonymous. If someone lacks the balls to take responsibility for their own words, they are without honor and their words meaningless.
I considered you might be using sarcasm but unfortunately your posts indicate you actually believe you have the ability to take over a message board. Considering there are a half dozen or less "dissidents", even if they do have 10 or 12 AKA's, I believe you have overstated your ability to shut down anything. I know who you are, but don't worry I will keep your name secret. It does not require an IQ of 200 to figure out who you are, and that you speak for no one. If you were not so nasty to people, on and off list I might dredge up some sympathy for you. However your words have brought to light your desire to "take over" any list that dares to disagree with you. Delusions of grandeur be thy name.

I don't even bother posting at a dissident site because it is a waste of time. Back in the days when I have confronted dissidents with hard cold empirical data my posts were snatched off the net within minutes of posting.

To those who were concerned - not to worry. This person is incapable of even taking care of his own life. He strikes out at others intentionally to cause havoc and do harm, and to make himself feel superior. Ignore him. He is incapable of
doing anything, including getting his life together. He enjoys being the poor dissident who is attacked by all. Better throw in paranoia, bordeline personality disorder with a dose of bi polar schizophrenia. Just ignore him and allow him to self destruct. He has been offered help in the past and refuses. So be it. Each of us is responsible for our words and deeds. Life is short whether or not you are HIV+.
No one respond, including me, and eventually he will leave for greener cyber pastures if there are any left he has not yet been banned from participating.
And remember:
If you are alive, there is hope!

Dissident Coordinator Wrote:
It is not our intention to eliminate this board although it is clearly within our power. All we desire is a fair representation of our viewpoint free of censorship.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44233 - 11/18/02 09:10 PM

Really shocking post. I don't know what to say. Scary that there are men so arrogant and so insensitive. No wonder he spends so much time posting here. He probably has no employment, no friends, no life. So he probably does have the time to annoy the crap out of everyone. Sad life, but that's all he has. The only way to fight these kind of disfunctional men is to ignore them. They will go away. They like to get attention and feel powerful -- because they have so little power and get so little attention in their life. I say don't allow them to post, or delete their posts, and if they manage to post IGNORE THEM. It's really up to us who use these boards to take a stand!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5837

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3