Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

why all the disention?
      #41247 - 10/04/02 12:07 PM

There is so much hatred and animosity on this board and it is so sad.Why can't everyone just give it a rest.Okay everyone has their views, and that what makes human beings individual.That being said, this same "phenomemon" is what makes EACH INDIVIDUAL TESTING HIV ANTIBODY POSITIVE an individual case.There are just so many factors involved with each person as to how they will handle hiv there really isen't a blanket rule of right or wrong as far a treating goes.Some people need the benefit of antivirals due to their individual situation, others can do well without, provided they are addressing other pertinent life factors.So instead of all of this hullaballo over for or against drugs....there is no right answer.the right answer comes from each individual and one hiv + person should never tell another hiv+ person what to do.There's nothing wrong with asking questions sharing circumstanses etc, but this board should be for positive emotional support in all situations not a springboard for aguing ones views and confusing the issue at hand.We all just want to live healthy,happy and as fully as possible.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: why all the dissention? new
      #41248 - 10/04/02 02:04 PM

This board does not reflect the real population of HIV positive people. It's hard in a public venue to keep the so-called "dissidents" from dominating...they have a message that most of us are not interested in and that drives them crazy. They sort of want to be heard even thought they are boring and make little sense... Some of their members have even been arrested for violence in San Francisco. Member David Pasquarelli and his friend Michael Petrelis have been slapped with dozens of restraining orders over the past few years. Arrested last November after allegedly making a series of threatening and obscene phone calls, they have pleaded innocent to felony charges of harassment, stalking and criminally threatening AIDS researchers, public health officials and journalists. Many of these people, however, are getting really sick and some are dying since they say the medications don't work...San Francisco "dissident" David Pasquarelli was reportedly taken to a local hospital April 22 where he was diagnosed with cryptococcal meningitis, an AIDS-related condition, according to an April 26 e-mail sent by ACT UP-SF members. Pasquarelli, who faces numerous charges of threatening and harassing public health workers, members of the media, and others, has maintained for the last several years that "AIDS is over."

Anyway, these guys have too much time on their hands and will surely respond to this message with more nonsense. Like I said, they never shut up...It would be great if we could all get a long..but HIV hits all kinds of people, from so many backgrounds...and it's hard to find unity...thanks for trying!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41254 - 10/04/02 03:41 PM

It certainly does reflect the reality of life out there. There are plenty of us who are questioning what we have been told about AIDS.

_AIDS_realists_
Unregistered

#41266 - 10/04/02 09:25 PM

Questioning is the fisrt step towards healing and freedom.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #41278 - 10/05/02 08:42 AM

You finally said something that makes sense Terry. All research starts with a question. If researchers didn't question, they wouldn't know what paths to take to try and find better, less toxic medications (both for HIV and the associated OI's, gene therapy, and possibly one day a cure.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41306 - 10/06/02 06:10 AM

Anonymous asks sarcastically why we can't just all get along?! Why doesn't s/he start by not using phrases like "socalled 'dissident'." And making unfounded and unfair accustations, over-generalized statements and engaging in ad hominem and personal attack.

For your information, the charges for Micheal Petrellis have been dropped as have most of the charges for David Pasquerelli been dropped. This is what has happened repeatedly in the past. Martin Luther King and Gandhi were 'in trouble' with the law, does that mean they were guilty? No, it just means they were accused of inciting 'trouble.' Some people, like Martin Delooney of Project Deform, need to have their lies exposed.

David is doing fine, thanks for your concern. Cryptococcal meningitis is not unique to the ever expanding list of 'AIDS' redefined conditions, all of which occur in those diagnosed 'HIV' antibody negative. Although Dissidents do not deny that such non-descript antibody response is one possible indicator of current health, it is not an undeniable causative factor of viral pathogenesis.

Don't worry your pretty little head, there are many more to take their place and fill the jails if need be. I am committed to non-violent resistance, even while many AIDS Apologists are guilty of criminal negligance and will be held accountable. They will not be able to claim innocense with the line that they were 'just following orders[job description].'

Tas
Unregistered

#41335 - 10/06/02 06:55 PM

AIDS reasearch never questions thats the prob. It about money and status.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41355 - 10/07/02 12:33 PM

Not really plenty...I work at an AIDS organization and do not see this at all. Most people with HIV are questioning when to to take their medications, how long to wait and which medications to start with. There is little doubt among rational people that, unfortunately, HIV is a serious disease that will need some medication to stop its progress. Sheryl D.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41356 - 10/07/02 12:35 PM

That's absolutely untrue. You've never met a researcher and so you are talking from ignorance. There are researchers with HIV who are really personally invested in this...others have lovers or friends who are living with HIV. And others are just good human beings trying to make a difference. What a cynical attitude you have about humanity!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41360 - 10/07/02 12:44 PM

Sorry but most are getting off the meds now becuase they see how dangerous they are! You work for a ASO ha! Sure!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41361 - 10/07/02 12:46 PM

There is so much corruption in the world right now and AIDS science is on of them. Lets clean it up!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41364 - 10/07/02 01:39 PM

That's a lie...I do work for the largest AIDS organization in NYC. So you really are not talking from any knowledge. Your intention is just to scare others and make believe you are reporting news...but you are just lying...
The issue many people in many ASOs are dealing with is the waiting lists in some states to get the free AIDS medications given out by the state! That's the emergency now in many states!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41372 - 10/07/02 04:07 PM

absolutely false.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41377 - 10/07/02 04:34 PM

This public forum attracts a lot of marginal people who harbor nonsensical ideas...like AIDS is over..when, in fact, it's overrunning the world. They are like jesters or clowns...you have to see how amusing they are rather then take them seriously. They are like the side show of an awful circus. They joke about this deadly disease and invent theories that have been disproved repeatedly. They dance around facts and say that all authority is corrupt. They say distrust everyone but ask you to trust them...yet they have no experience, they've done no research and they have no idea of the effect their words have on others. They spam everyone here and they have no respect for any one's circumstance or opinion. They are one dimensional and keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. It's too bad that in these vaguely unmonitored situations they try to take over and pretend they are the majority or have any rational. If you go on the private e-mail lists about HIV no one allows them there since they are so disruptive. It's sad. But it's the reality.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41403 - 10/08/02 01:33 AM

People threatening Aids researchers? Say a prayer to stop them now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6237

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3