Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

AIDS ravaged my life
      #40857 - 12/18/02 04:48 AM

I lost the love of my life on August 9th of this year. We had been together for the last seven years. Like any relationship we had our ups and downs, our biggest down was a little over two years ago when we found out that he had lymphomia (and also AIDS). I had suspected that he was positive before that (I don't think he suspected until "the ball dropped on us both"). I told him then that no matter what we would get through this together.

He quickly got worse, lost his teeth, his liver ruined, his weight kept dropping but he persevered with such a positive attitude. We went through chemo twice before the end. On his deathbed he comforted me..which is where I should have been comforting him.

I spent the night in his hospital room the night before he died, went home to shower the next day (I thought he was going to make it through the day or I would have never left..he seemed ok - or as ok as he could be - you see the lymphomia had hit his brain - he had no balance, couldnt read, his hearing going and couldnt talk at the end) God, I thought he was going to make it through the day, in fact I thought he was really going to make it just this one more time.

Jimi left before I could make it back to the hospital - he wasnt alone- I would have never left him alone - a good mutual friend was with him at the end.

I miss him so, I talk to him every day and hope that he is ok. I love him.

I am going through grief counseling and somedays are better than others..this last week was total hell for me.

Some days I don't know how I am going to make it, some days I bravely fight the day - I even laugh sometimes.

If anyone in Atlanta is going through grief and would like to share it and maybe we can support each other when we are down feel free to email me at tacoshell@tacoshell.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: AIDS ravaged my life new
      #42942 - 11/04/02 04:25 PM

"He quickly got worse, lost his teeth, his liver ruined, his weight kept dropping but he persevered with such a positive attitude".

I am very sorry for your loss but I must inform you that the conditions you describe above are NOT AIDS conditions (liver damage) but known side effects of AIDS medications.

Your lover sounds like another cruel victim of the wicked AIDS myth and drugs companies intent on vast profits from others fears and suffering.

Revenge his death and help smash this killer myth.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42943 - 11/04/02 04:32 PM

Deaths from Non-AIDS-Related Diseases Have Increased as a Proportion of Deaths of HIV-Infected Persons since the Advent of HAART

M. I. Wolfe*, D. L. Hanson, R. Selik, and D. L. Swerdlow CDC, Atlanta, GA

There is concern that deaths from some non-AIDS-related causes are increasing as adverse outcomes from therapy or because people are living longer with HIV infection. We examined diagnoses present at death to determine trends in causes of death since the advent of HAART therapy. 

Results:  From 1992 through 2000, we observed a total of 7188 deaths, 4870 (68%) during the pre-HAART period, and 2318 (32%) during the HAART period.  Compared with the pre-HAART period, proportions of deaths with the following conditions decreased for tuberculosis (TB) (OR 0.41; CI 0.3-0.6), non-TB mycobacterial infections (OR 0.7; CI 0.6-0.8), pneumocystis pneumonia (OR 0.7; CI 0.6-0.9), and toxoplasmosis (OR
0.7; CI 0.6-0.9). 

Proportions of deaths increased for liver disease (odds ratio [OR] 1.7; 95% CI 1.4-2.1), non-Hodgkins lymphoma (OR 1.5; CI 1.2-2.0), cachexia/wasting (OR 1.3; CI 1.1-1.6), kidney disease (OR 1.3; CI 1.1-1.5), and sepsis (OR 1.2; CI 1.1-1.4).  Although not reaching statistical significance, the trend for ischemic heart disease (OR 1.9; CI 0.99-3.62) was suggestive of an increase in proportion of deaths. 

Anonymous
Unregistered

#43365 - 11/09/02 01:28 PM

also think if the AIDS drugs would not have given him the life extention he had you may have lost him a long time ago. even though we loose people close to us i am happy the drugs we have to take to keep us healthy are there. i would of lost my partner years ago if it hadent ben for the new drugs coming out, the ones he was on wer not working and he had gone in to the hospital for the 10th time in 6mos with AIDS related conditions. He is now back to work and getting stronger by the week because of these life extending medications. I hope the denialists never get in this situation because they would just let the ones they love die due to there lack of understanding of how these medications have prolonged life that would of already ben dead without them.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2671

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3