Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Robert B
Unregistered

Immune 26
      #40491 - 09/21/02 12:09 AM

Has anyone out there tried immune26? It's a Biotech product originally developed by Dupont/CONAGRA. It's being marketed by a company in Florida, Legacy for Life. All it is, is powdered chicken eggs from chickens who have been innoculated with inert human bacteria. Since the chickens don't nurse, their only way of protecting their unborn chicks is to manufacture antibodies & lay them into their eggs. The chicken's body does not register that these added invaders are not a threat to her unborn chicks, so she manufactures antibodies by the million... antibodies targeting human diseases. The bacteria, & subsequent antibodies include influenzae, E. Coli, streptococcus & other common diseases. Pretty neat huh? What this product is supposed to do is help balance your immune system. I take it every day, & havn't been serously sick in over a year. However, that's not saying much... I don't know much beyond this. I don't have AIDS, but I do care about people who do. What I am wondering is... has anyone out there heard anything about this product, good or bad? I get my immune26 over the internet from a distributor. I'm gong to give you his website, NOT TO GET YOU TO BUY, but for your information. There is a link at the bottom of his site to a science site, with some published clinical trials & alot of big words I didn't understand (you might). Please let me know what you think. Is this stuff for real, or is it a lot of bull? Oh yeah, my wife wants me to say immune26 is in the PDR (Phycians Desk Reference)
Well, heres the website:
www.mylegacyforlife.net/long-life
Robert B.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Immune 26 new
      #40577 - 09/22/02 08:28 AM

Ok here's my two cents.

Your eggs have a lot more of what looks to be valid research then say Tahitian Noni.

It's an interesting theory. I looked at the links. Most of them seem to deal with animals, but considering the companies involved that would make sense. Stolle Research and Development Corporation Industry Classifications: Animal Agriculture, Veterinary. ImmuCell Corporation Industry Classifications: Animal Agriculture, Veterinary, Bioseparations, Reagents, Cell Culture, Diagnostics. hidian Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Food Production/Fermentation, Vaccines, Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Immunological Products

I noticed a couple of studies deal with inflamatory diseases such as arthritis. A couple of things I noticed about the arthitis study. The study was made up of only 13 people. Not a wide selection. The study length was 60 days with an additional 30 days after stopping the eggs. Not a very long time. While it seemed to help people with regular arthritis (some), it did not help people with Rheumatoid Arthritis. They also found no changes to cholestrol levels, which may be a good thing since we are talking about egg yolks.

All in all I didn't see any claims out of the study of how great it is. That makes all this seem more on the level. I don't believe it when a company claims a product can do everything, but wash dishes. I tried to find newer studies. I couldn't find anything.

I did notice that they list their product as a food supplement. In one article I read, which was an overview of the companies there was much mentioned about the fact that they started marketing overseas where controls on food supplements are less strict. They classified themselves as a food supplement and started marketing in the US when the FDA created that category.

So after all that, I guess the real question is: OK, it's a food supplement. Is it any better than the others out there? Who knows. Would taking a multi vitimin everyday give you the same benefits? They are purposely infecting chickens. What reprocussions could that cause in someone with an extremely impaired immune system?

Very important for people taking medication, not just HIV meds, is what kind of interaction. St. John's was found to have adverse interactions with some medications. More studies need to be done to find out the types of interactions alternative therapies can have with medication.

I'm sure that the eggs have some health benefit, but I wonder if it's more than eating a couple of eggs a day that you buy at a MUCH REDUCED price at the supermarket. Could you say you wouldn't have gotten sick this past year if you hadn't used the eggs?

On a personal note. I don't buy Perdue Chickens because they shoot the chicks up with so many hormones that a 6 week old looks like a 6 month old hen. I don't know if I would want to put biotech engineered eggs in my system.

Oh yeah, I tried to find it in the PDR. PDR.net. But there is no listing. Could your wife give a heading?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1354

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3