Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
CHERUB

Reged: 05/22/02
Loc: L.A., CA
DAILY DIET
      #35365 - 06/07/02 04:49 PM

I was wondering if anyone HIV+ had a religious diet? Like do you avoid certain foods, i.e., chicken or ground beef? Just curious.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: DAILY DIET new
      #35367 - 06/07/02 05:02 PM

I am a vegetarian and I know lots of other vegetarians...

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #35368 - 06/07/02 05:09 PM

Nothing special here, I eat anything and everything, Red meat, chicken, fish, veggies, fruit, drink milk, water, wine. I am just not big on carbonation, Pepsi, Coke, beer, Etc.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#35381 - 06/07/02 08:10 PM

I eat moderate carbs (from fruits,veggies and irish oats)good fats,lean protein(alot of fish and chicken occasionally)good fats (olives ,almonds,flax seed,avacado)I emphasize a gallon of sodium free distilled water a day.I also take quite a few supplements and exercise stregnth/cardio five days a week. For dairy I stick with plain enriched yougurt.Also I use soy . I've done this for years and it has paid off in controlling lipids,lipo,keeping skin healthy and young and eyes clear and brite,also never fatigued or sick(can't say the same for my hair,but I guess I'm one of the many the drugs decided besides suppressing hiv,lets suppress the hair follicles as well! Haven't found a solution,don't think there is one other than the obvious....But a really healthy diet watching saturated fats and avoiding simple sugars will take you far.All your body organs will thank you.Think brite colors=nutrition and think green(leafy)alot ....Hope this helps

Pagiya
Unregistered

#35798 - 06/15/02 03:33 PM

I have only known about my diagnosis for a few months. My Tcells aren't low enough for me to start on meds and I don't want them to get there. I have a very religious diet. I eat a lot for one thing. At least 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day, 3 servings of meat, 4 servings of bread and cereal, and 2 dairy. I also take several vitamins (always check with your doctor first if you are on meds, though) - Zinc, which helps build t cells and has long been known to boost immunity in general (god knows we need that); B-50; Iron; C; Multivitamin. I also drink a ton of orange juice and 2-3 cups of green tea a day. Green tea has been studied with viruses and decreases the rate of replication. I also exercise alot. I lift weights, run, and do martial arts. My hope for fighting this thing is to keep myself as healthy as I can now. I pray it works. If I have to take meds one day I will but I'm going to fight it as long as I can.

Hot Texan
Unregistered

#41498 - 10/09/02 05:50 PM

Greetings

I went to a nutrionist. In general stay away from fatty foods, alcohol and do exercise both aerobic and weights..a combination is the best. HIV + need more protein you can do this w/o adding fat to eggs by adding egg whites to regular eggs, increased protein less fat. In addition vary your diet, eat nuts, vegetables and drink plenty of water. I drink almost 2 liters daily swim a mile a day and do weights. the funny thing is I am in better shape then ever have been in my life and looking good so diet exercise etc. can mitigate some of the effects and side effects of HIV. First step, check out if ur local clinic provides nutritional counseling like ours here in Austin Texas.

Hope this helps.

BabyPeanut
Fanatic

Reged: 09/25/02
      #60368 - 03/09/03 09:48 AM

Lunch meat scares the Bejeezus out of me. It is always getting recalled for contamination.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-10-13-wampler-recall_x.htm

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2500

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3