Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Justine Reph
Unregistered

HIV & AIDS
      #3199 - 04/06/00 01:23 PM

I don't live with AIDS and I don't know anyone with it but I'm going to write this anyway. I donot feel sorry for the thousands of teens and adults who walk the streets with AIDS because they didn't use a condom. Now if you're stupid enough to get this sexual transmitted disease you will. And I ache for the children who have to live THEIR lives with AIDS because of a stupid thing mom or dad did and/or have to see a parent die from a disease they would not have if they were protected. Before you sleep with ANYONE, GET TESTED!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Melysn1
Unregistered

Re: HIV & AIDS new
      #3200 - 04/06/00 01:23 PM

I'm negetive/age 17..

I agree with you that a condom should be used, if one chooses to have sexual intercourse. However, you're looking at the issue from a very myopic perspective. Most people who have contracted AIDS sexually, were not educated. They felt that they were not at risk. After all, was AIDS not originally labled GRID (Gay Related Immune Deficiancy) by the medical profession? Thus, many people assumed it was only gays.

I have been educating about AIDS/HIV for a few years now--against my parents' wishes--and I have been studying the disease since I was 9 years old. Therefore, I have not been infected--I know the rules and so I follow them.

The problem lies in educating. More people need to learn. Can you honestly tell me someone deserves to die a horrible death of several diseases at once due to an immuno-deficiancy just because they may have made one mistake without knowing the concequences?

We all make mistakes... I cannot excuse the educated people, but for the vast majority (well, what is the minority of people now), I feel sorry. This is because we all make mistakes without knowing the consequences...do we deserve to die for them?

Mary
Unregistered

#3201 - 04/06/00 01:24 PM

Hi !

I was just going through the post & when I read that you have been reading about HIV since 9, thought of asking you something.

I am 25yrs old. I was abused by my father till I was 19yrs. Then I stood up for myself & opposed it. But I am scared to tell this to anybody else. U are the first person. He never had intercourse with me but performed oral sex on me & I never performed oral on him.
Never kissed or anything like that.

I got married two yrs back & since then I am repeateadly having vaginal yeast infections. I trust my husband & am 100% sure that he doesnt have any problem. I have been treated for yeast almost 3 times since last year. I read that yeast infections can be early signs of HIV. But otherwise myself & my partner are in good health. Infact as far as I know even my Mom & Dad are in good shape. Could I be the one ? I am too worried about this & cant even talk to anybody. As my husband could understand that I never had intercourse with anybody when we had sex the first time after wedding. Furhter I am also scared to tell him about this as it might change his attitude towards me. How do I even tell my doctor about this & get myself tested?

Please help me.

thanks

Jaydden
Unregistered

#3202 - 04/06/00 01:24 PM

I live every day with HIV. I used a condom! Condoms are not 100% effective. Transmission still occures, even if you are careful. Just a word from the wise, Karma is a very powerful thing...what goes around comes around. Sympathy costs you nothing, and frankly I don't want or need your sympathy.

Jay

Molly
Unregistered

#3203 - 04/06/00 01:25 PM

Who would post such a message on an AIDS Bulletin board? Only someone who has no notion of the complexity of human sexuality. Do you know the greatest risk factor for HIV among teens and young adults?? "low self esteem!" Do you know which group of people in the US is the fastest growing group with HIV? Women. And prevention experts say it's many factors that makes this group vulnerable?? Many women--even in the US have no control of whether their partner will wear a condom. Researchers are working hard on a women-controlled protection. Since a lot of men--even married men who are not monogamous -- will NOT wear a condom.
So all monogamous women are actually at risk--they are trusting that their husband is not cheating--and some percentage will be wrong. Same is true for monogamous husbands. I doubt whether you will return to this board--your limited understanding make it unlikely that you care about responses.

Christine
Unregistered

#3204 - 04/06/00 01:27 PM

Did you ever made a mistake in your life? Have you ever been innocent? The way you are talking about AIDS, it's because you don't
know what you are talking about. I lost my brother of AIDS in March 1999. This is the worst disease I ever seen. Have you ever seen somebody dying of AIDS? Have you ever taking care of a person who had aids. Ignorance it's the only word I can find to describe it. Would you say to somebody close to you that dies of cancer (you should have not smoked) I don't think so!!!!! If you ever go through it or know somebody who's going through it let me know because I will know exactly how it feels.

I am very angry that you don't have that much sympathy.

Gregg
Unregistered

#3205 - 04/06/00 01:27 PM

YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TAKING ABOUT DO YOU? I THINK YOU AUGHT TO GET MORE INFORMED BEFORE YOU ATTACK... I AM SURPRISED YOU ACTUALLY ACHE FOR THE CHILDREN THAT GET INFECTED, BUT CALLING THERE PARENTS STUPID ISN'T GOING TO HELP THESE POOR CHILDREN, NOW IS IT?
IF YOUR PAIN FOR THESE PARENTLESS CHILDREN IS SO GREAT WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND GO TEACH THE STUPID(!)TEENS AND PARETNS HOW TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!...
IGNORANCE IS REALLY OUR WORSE THREAT...

Christine
Unregistered

#3207 - 04/06/00 01:28 PM

I really did like the way you sent the message to the person who attack person with aids. I lost my brother of aids in March 1999 and you are right. Ignorance in our society is the biggest mistake they make.

Thanks!!!! I appreciate that you are on my side.

Mary
Unregistered

#3208 - 04/06/00 01:28 PM

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN UNEDUCATED, STUPID PERSON LIVING IN THE DARK. I AM A HEALTH EDUCATOR AND A WOMAN LIVING WITH AIDS. NOT EVERYONE USES DRUGS, SLEEPS AROUND OR KNOWLINGLY PUTS THEMSELVES AT RISK!!! I GOT IT FROM MY HUSBAND, WHO DID THINGS I WAS NOT AWARE OF!!!! SO WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO THAT!!! YOU LACK SENTIMENT OF ANY KIND FOR ANYONE,BUT AS SOMEONE RESPONDED EARLIER, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND. BE CAREFUL, ONE DAY YOU MAY HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS!!!!! HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE LIVING WITH IT??? KNOWING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT , I'M SURE THEY WOULD NEVER SHARE THEIR STATUS WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!!

Joe
Unregistered

#3667 - 04/28/00 02:28 AM

I am amazed at the bonding that takes place in this area on the Internet. This posting by Justine is an anomoly from the norm. Listening to radio on the way to work today I heard Queen and thought about Freddy Mercury. The world is not the same without him nor is without my Uncle Henry who passed on resulting from AIDS. Conversely our world is never the same when we lose someone. Everyone who shares their lives via this posting area is appreciated. Best wishes... :) Joe

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4267 - 05/23/00 01:11 PM

you know what Justine, it is IGNORANCE like yours that makes being HIV positive that much more difficult. The only difference between people who are positive and people who are negative is sheer, total, luck. There are people that have unprotected sex hundreds of times and never get infected, and then there are people who use a condom, the first time, and still become positive. So why dont you do something useful like volunteer at a hospice, or at a meals on wheels program, or email me if you like to know more about something you obviously know very little about.

Benari
Benari2000@aol.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5984 - 06/21/00 02:17 PM

Justine, you are dumb.

DelicateDiva
Unregistered

#14856 - 01/19/01 10:36 PM

Justine hate yourself, no one asked for you to like us who have HIV/AIDS I could careless how you feel. Why dont you get a life hopefully you wont commit suicide. You are a lonely ass person because if you were not, you would be cruising the HIV/AIDS bulletin board. I do not feel sorry for your ignorant ass either. I am a very proud, and financially successful person and I know I look better than you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5135

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3