Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
wuta
Unregistered

When to start meds?
      #3137 - 04/06/00 12:32 PM

Hello! I have been positive for about 1 and a half years now. I am healthy and I feel good, and I want to start meds. I know it may sound crazy, but I don't want to wait, I want to stop the virus as soon as possible. My doctor is stongly advising me to wait. Does anyone have any suggestions on when to start meds?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gregg
Unregistered

Re: When to start meds? new
      #3138 - 04/06/00 12:33 PM

Hey, I can totaly respect your desire to start meds and want to do all you can. I did the same thing.. I found out a year ago that I was positive and I started on meds just over 6 months ago. My numbers weren't at a point that I needed to, it was more mentally I needed to feel I was doing something. I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision. I felt a whole lot better before I started them, it took just about 4 months for my body to adjust to the meds I'm on, and I still have side efects. I'm not sure if the other person that replied has HIV or not, but I have seen his postes before and they all sound very negative. I do want to say that on a good note, after only 30 days on meds my T-Cell count went up and my Viral Load is undetectable. That's why I say I'm mixed on if it was a good thing or not.. I guess I mostly feel it was a good thing for me to do, and you have to do what's right with you. Trust your doctor, but let him know deeply how you feel, and if mentally it's going to help you to be on meds, and he dosn't listen, then get a new doctor. So much of dealing with this revolves around mental as well as physical. Let me know if you ever want to talk more, and the very best of luck.

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: When to start meds? new
      #6626 - 07/04/00 10:42 PM

I am negative and am a little worried about being otherwise. I did a stupid thing a few months ago. That is here nor there. I have been curious and reading alot of posts, and just felt the need to let you guys know I admire you for being able to push ahead. I would like to just say good luck and stay posetive. I have had to overcome alot of things both situations and physical limitations. And I know that staying posetive is a big help. I will say a prayer for you. Please stay strong and god bless you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1848

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3