Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Derek Benson
Unregistered

iaagen/Abacivir-breast tissue growth
      #3127 - 04/06/00 12:24 PM

Hi,

Wow it's 2000 and I'm still here! I knew I would be but it still blows my mind that it's 2000. I was infected in 1983 within a month after my 21st birthday. I'm now 37 and I'm still here and doing very well. I take Ziagen/Abacavir and I'm growing breast tissue. As a man that is a bit upsetting. I had a biopsy on Dec 20, 99 and it came back negitive-normal breast tissue growth. My doctor has never seen this happen but what is even stranger is that my partner is also growing breast tissue. He is also on Ziagen/Abacavir and this is the only drug we take that is in common. I'm interested in hearing from anyone but most interested in hearing from anyone that is having the same side effect if this is a side effect of the drug. I guess if they keep growing I will also need advice on buying bras...hahaha...
After almost 17 years of living with AIDS a great attitude is very important. I almost lost my partner a few years back but something inside of him decided to live instead of die. It has been hell for us but we are greatful that we are both still here and living....not dying! Peace, Love and Prosperity to all!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Toto
Unregistered

Re: iaagen/Abacivir-breast tissue growth new
      #3128 - 04/06/00 12:25 PM

Hi Derek,
I've been on Abacavir for over a year now. The difference is I'm a woman, so breasts are not such a problem. I actually have noticed inlargment of up to a couple of sizes, but I always thought it was the effect of the proteise inhibitors. I don't know if there is anything you can do about it, in my case I'm pleased with the results, in your case, well I guess Humor is one good way! I immagine there must be a reversable effect once you stop the drug.
Well, good luck to you and your partner
Toto

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1404

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3