Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Care
Unregistered

Surviving hiv 11 years
      #3110 - 04/06/00 12:08 PM

Hello. My name is Care...I am a 30/f hiv positive 11 years. I was diagnosed 3 days before my 19th birthday in 1988.
I have spent the past year building a "homepage" with my personal story that has recently won its first web award ~~ A 1999 Golden Web Award. I would like to share my story with as many people as possible and thought this would be a good way to do so.
My page has a great deal to offer from a personal point of view: my diagnosis, newspaper articles that I wrote, a current chart of my counts, pictures, about my children (I had two and both are hiv negative but we never know what can happen to our children and my son was born premature suffering from a stroke at birth which resulted in brain damage along with autistic traits.) Anyway...I want to share my story and hope that it can be helpful to others.
If you visit I would love to see your signature in my guestbook or an email would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck to All
Care/Stormee269@yahoo.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CT.
Unregistered

Re: Surviving hiv 11 years new
      #3111 - 04/06/00 12:10 PM

Hi,

My 11th anniversary will be in September. What made you get tested in the first place? The man I was dating at the time suggested it to me and it was the only favor he's ever done for me. I am incredibly healthy (only on 2 meds)and my 9yo Son (condom mishap) is negative.I am so scared because I truly didn't expect to survive this long (my infector died years ago). I broke up with somene recently and I have never been celibate before but I feel like damaged goods and can't even think about a relationship. I live with a lot of secrecy and that is painfully isolating. I look forward to raising my Son and cherishing the support of loving friends.

CT

kittykat1
Unregistered

Re: Surviving hiv 11 years new
      #3112 - 04/06/00 12:10 PM

hi, how can i get to your site. I tried putting in stormee269@yahoo.com & care/stormee269@yahoo.com. It didn't work. I'm a beginner so I might need help. I'm really glad to know your doing good. Have you had many side effects from the meds? Are you on azt combo & a protease inhibitor? Thats what my daughter is on. She's only 17 so she'll be on them along time.I hope you will answer this personal question but no one else has. Have you used the female condoms? It sounds safer for a positive girl not to infect her partner. Were you inseminated for your pregnancies? thanks
> was born premature suffering from a stroke at birth which resulted in brain damage along with autistic traits.) Anyway...I want to share my story and hope that it can be helpful to others.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2398

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3