Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thrush/Night Sweats
      #31070 - 04/02/02 10:07 AM

Does anyone out there have any experience with either of these symptoms? Is thrush real thick in the mouth? Are your night sweats so intense that they soak you, your clothes or linens or can they be less extreme like just some moisture on back of neck and chest? I keep reading that night sweats related to HIV are soaking sweats. Any help from your personal experience with these questions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: Thrush/Night Sweats new
      #31086 - 04/02/02 03:07 PM

I have been positive going on 4 years and have never had problems with thrush. However it's usually very evident, as white splotchy patches on your tounge when when you scrape them off with your tooth brush they leave red marks under which turn white again..

As for Night sweats, again I have never had any experiences with these.

If I may ask, is HIV something that you are worying about, are you haveing night sweats or thrush issues or just doing general research? One thing to remember is there are NO side effects that are exclusive to HIV. Every symptom that is currently reported by people, be it swolen lymph nodes, thrush, night sweats, hair falling out, bad breath, skin rashes or anything else ALL have other issues associated with them.

If you feel you have been infected the only way to know for sure is to get tested. Start with a 30 day test and if you feel strongly that you need more re-assurance, have a 90 day test done, then let it go.

I hope this helps some.

Gregg

Terry D
Unregistered

Re: Thrush/Night Sweats new
      #31117 - 04/03/02 02:40 AM

First of all thrush is not dangerous when it is on your tounge we all get that once in a while. Night sweats are also not connected just with aids and can mean several things awhich are not all "bad".

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3