Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Concerned
Unregistered

Eye problems
      #3084 - 04/05/00 09:51 PM

After a risky exposure in Feb '99 in South America, 2.5 weeks later I suffered genital ulcers, nausea, truncal rash, night sweats, etc. For 4 months thereafter I suffered severe muscle and joint pain. After the ARS symptoms resolved, I developed hundreds of thread-like and cell-like floaters in both eyes. All antibody and PCR test negative to date, however.

Have any HIV+ folks experienced or heard of a similar case? Are floaters a sign of early HIV infection? Please respond. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tony
Unregistered

Re: Eye problems new
      #3085 - 04/05/00 09:53 PM

Yes I to have had these floaters, However I did'nt think it was HIV related. Therfore I have not mentioned it to my docter.But then I also got the genital ulcers and again I thought it was due to poppers (I am allergic to them and if anyone takes them I suffer swelling and ulcers) Hopes this helps, like you I have only recently become HIV posative August 98.

Ivy
Unregistered

#3086 - 04/06/00 11:46 AM

have been hiv+ since 94, started seeing floaters two years ago. Recently saw an eye doctor who said that this is normal when aging but he advised me to come back to him if I see flashes of lights or if my whole eye is covered by a veil of floaters, this can sometimes lead to a detachment of the retina, which can lead to blindness. Corrective laser surgery is needed to save your eyesight

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4969 - 06/06/00 01:25 AM

CMV can cause floaters, don't mess around... see an opthomoligist that is framilliar with HIV right away

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3088

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3