Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Robert
Unregistered

correspndence
      #3067 - 04/05/00 09:33 PM

i was diagnosed with hiv in sept. 1995, and was put on medication almost immediatly. since then i have basically secluded myself from the outside world. would really enjoy hearing from other people in similar situations... i am actually doing pretty well with the meds i'm on, i think my depression comes more from a lack of human interaction than anything else. i look forward to hearing from you!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Daniel
Unregistered

Re: correspndence new
      #3068 - 04/05/00 09:34 PM

>i was diagnosed with hiv in sept. 1995, and was put on medication almost immediatly. since then i have basically secluded myself from the outside world. would really enjoy hearing from other people in similar situations... i am actually doing pretty well with the meds i'm on, i think my depression comes more from a lack of human interaction than anything else. i look forward to hearing from you!!!
HI my name is Daniel, i was going through this site, when i read your situation. I am really sorry for what happen,but you shouldnt close the world. You should enjoy your life to the fullest and we all should take life one day at a time and try to just forget your problems and enjoy the day. I know it must be hard on you and it is easier said than done, but if you think about it, secluding yourself just makes it worst. There are probably alot of people that cares for you. I am not in your position but i know it is hard for you. If you want to chat just write to me. Just be strong and dont put yourself down, it is not your fault. Be happy. well i hope youll write sometimes.

Vick
Unregistered

#3069 - 04/05/00 09:35 PM

>Well you're right, living in seclusion is not natural. The thing that made the human race so successful at surviving all mannor of hostilities was our intense level of bonding and caring for one another. Humans need to be in contact with other humans. A dog or cat, even a parrakeet is nice but it's not enough. Think about it, is there anything normal about a person with forthy million cats? heck no. We require intellectual, emotional and especially physical closeness to others. And I'm not talking about chess or sex clubs. Get involved with something less fortunate than yourself. In caring for something thing else you bring the power to heal (that is you and every one of us) to surface. And there restore hope in health and wellness.
Join a support group, avoid game players, and seek out sincere and honost people. I've found that aside from the usual group hug that by avoiding intimate pysical contact often gave me the chance to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Get up and get out, and good luck.

i was diagnosed with hiv in sept. 1995, and was put on medication almost immediatly. since then i have basically secluded myself from the outside world. would really enjoy hearing from other people in similar situations... i am actually doing pretty well with the meds i'm on, i think my depression comes more from a lack of human interaction than anything else. i look forward to hearing from you!!!

Jim
Unregistered

#3070 - 04/05/00 09:36 PM

>i was diagnosed with hiv in sept. 1995, and was put on medication almost immediatly. since then i have basically secluded myself from the outside world. would really enjoy hearing from other people in similar situations... i am actually doing pretty well with the meds i'm on, i think my depression comes more from a lack of human interaction than anything else. i look forward to hearing from you!!!

Mike
Unregistered

#3071 - 04/05/00 09:37 PM

I have had aids since 1987, and it gave me an excuse to become even more isolated than my natural tendancy to be a loner has always been. After many years of totally cutting myself off, i have finally come to a point where I am discovering there are people out there, good decent caring people, and many with similiar and worse challenges than we are facing, who will care about us and welcome our caring if we give them a chance.
My advice - don't make the mistake I did - wasting years of my life in the false security/familiarity of trying to go it alone. Reach out - and above all, realize that there are MANY MANY people with HIV - almost everyday on the computer I am amazed to discover someone new, who I would have never imagined was - take a chance!

Care
Unregistered

#3072 - 04/05/00 09:40 PM

Hello hello.
I think I relate to your statement about lack of human interaction. I am not only hiv positive for 11 years ~~ I am one of the "special" people (that is what I am told) that has been given a special child. My son has cerebal palsy/autism. Actually I have two children, both are hiv negative. My girl is 7 and lives with her daddy. My boy is nearly 3 and lives with me.
I also have done very well with being hiv positive but I have had all my adult life to adjust to it. I was diagnosed 3 days before my 19th birthday in 1988. Physically I have always been very healthy and I am very grateful for that. I did not start taking meds consistently until my 11th year (Feb 3), when my CD4s dropped to 227 and my viral load reached 3700 (<~~that is correct). I started sustiva and combivir and have had great results: CD4s stable around 477 and viral load <20. I just finished a study with Interleukin 12 (<~~~not IL 2) but it was a blind placebo study so I do not have the results back yet.
ANYWAY.....I hear ya bout needing to "network" with others who are seemingly in the same boat as you. I say "grab a paddle and row my friend!!!
I would like to share with you my homepage with my personal story and much more: http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/Caresurvivinghiv1
If you would like to correspond that would be nice. Hope to hear back from you. Take care
Care/Stormee269@yahoo.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1860

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3