HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
AIDS/LifeCycle & Me
      #30535 - 03/25/02 12:17 AM

Hi all;
For those that have seen me post off and on over the years you all know the story. For those that are new I have ben + since 1989 and have ben healthy because of my regime and the time I am able to get out on my bike and excersize. After many years closeted with my status in the professional cycling field I finally came out of the closet and let everyone know I was HIV+ in 1996 (family and all). I started riding the Tanquerey American AIDS Rides in 1994 and this year the original beneficiarerys decided to produce there own ride. I am doing the new ride from
San Fransisco to L.A. called AIDS/LifeCycle. By the 2 bennificiarrys ( L.A.Gay&Lesbian Center & S.F.AidsFoundation) producing there own event they have saved $1.5million in production fees that would be payed to a company that would produce the event for them. This money saved is going to needed services and all procieds go to services. They feel they can return over 85% directly to services ( this is much beter than the 47% return for the last 2 years ) and hopefully raise more money in the future for needed aids services.
This leads to why I posted, I am riding in this new event and raising money for these services. I have 3 more weeks of fund raising left and are way below my goal. I would like to ask if any of the people on this list can, or know of any one that can donate to the ride. I will attach a auto filling donation form you can just click on and fill out. For those that want to know if it is tax deductable, It is!! any thing over $250 you will get a reciept from the LAGLC, any thing under you will have to keep the reciept from your credit card, or the canceled check for tax purpouses.
Here is my donation form, you can cut and paste it if you know someone else who will help out.
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/sponsor/laglc.cfm?f=Bill&l=Grafeman&n=1003
and the websight for the event is at,
http://www.aidslifecycle.org

I thank each and every one who read this far.
And thank you in advance for your donation if you choose to.

Gman Bill

P.S. You can e mail me if you have any questions.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Re: AIDS/LifeCycle & Me new
      #30561 - 03/25/02 10:13 AM

To anyone that donates you are kept anonymus, I had to stay that way for many years. But Gman has allwayse stuck. You will get a thankyou and a picture from me personally though. But no one else will ever know you donated.

Thank you in advance.
Bill
The Gman
Rider # 1003

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31014 - 04/01/02 10:02 AM

It's too bad that too much of this money goes to allow you to have fun and ride your bike (ie support services). TOo bad that too little of the money you raised goes to help people with AIDS.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31049 - 04/01/02 04:38 PM

Maybe you do not know about how many people this event effects, and over 85% go's directly to services. This event isnt produced by a for proffit company any more. Get your facts down, find out how many people and how many setrvices the event helps before you preach. TY

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31219 - 04/04/02 11:44 AM

I don't know about this event...but I know how notorious some of these events are...
Three highly publicized AIDS Vaccine Rides organized last year by the for-profit fund-raising firm of Pallotta Teamworks pulled in more than $19 million in contributions
from riders and corporate sponsors,but in the end had only $4 million for the three vaccine research institutions http://www.southernvoice.com/southernvoice/news/record.html?record=19214

So if this event gives most of its money to AIDS organizations then that's great...do you have a web site that demonstrates this fact?
L

GmanBill2
Unregistered

#31299 - 04/05/02 01:09 PM

The event is being produced by the bennificiarrys that were the original ones for the first event ever and 8 time Cal.Aids Ride, they are the LA Gay and Lesbian center, and the San Fransisco Aids Foundation. after only getting 40% return they broke ties with Pallotta and decided to produce there own event. When the lawsuit that was filed by Pallotta Teamworks was overturned and they were allowed to go on with their event, They were 6 months behind on production. This event is turning out to be a great one, and the benifits for aids services will be much more than paying a for-proffit to produce it for them.
I have ben riding this event for the LAGLC for 9 years now and hope to raise alot of money for needed AIDS services.
Thank you
The Gman

Dissyfag
Unregistered

#31465 - 04/07/02 03:03 PM

What a ripp-off scam!!!

Dissyfag
Unregistered

#31466 - 04/07/02 03:06 PM

Raising money for an "AIDS vaccine" that will make you "hiv postive" then you can go on the Cocktail . Oh boy can't wait for that!!! STOP THE AIDS SCAM!!!

shadow1
Legend

#31657 - 04/10/02 12:58 AM

dissy,
maybe you should know what you are talking about before you type. This event is to fund services for people that can not afford them. You should realy read a bit about domething before you put your dissy respect for things that are needed. Aids services are something that some people that live in this wonderful U.S.A. can not afford, This event helps fund services for those people. Maybe you think things like this are not needed, but i know a few thousand out there that can not afford the medications that are keeping them alive. Buy the way, I AM ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!
So please thik a small bit(I know for you it is difficult)before you disrespect a post and maybe read up on something every now and then.
Thank you
The Gman
ALC Rider #1003
CAR9 RIder #1001
Past CAR1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Rider.
Texas Aids Ride 1&2 Rider
Fla. Aids Ride 1&2 Rider
Heartland Aids ride 1,2,3,4,5,6 Rider
Mid West AIds Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3095

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3