Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everything Happens for a reason
      #2979 - 04/05/00 04:52 PM

I am sure that everyone has heard the saying "Everything Happens for a Reason." Often I wonder why did this happen to me. Why is it that you trust someone enough to have sex with them and they give you something that is going to kill you in the long run. I have been going through a lot right now. I have known that I had HIV for almost 2 years now and all I want to do is move on with my life. But I have that constint reminder that I have something that is going to kill me someday. I try to make friends and keep the old ones that I had at one point in time but they are scared of me they think that I am going to give the HIV to them or there kids. People just don't realize how hard some people have it. Now I am constantly getting harassed at my job. I started working there before I found out about the HIV.
If everything happens for a reason then what is the reason for me to be going throgh all of this crap that I am going through? That is my only question. I just wish that there was a way that I could start a new life, but that is impossible. You will always have the past to haunt you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Everything Happens for a reason new
      #2987 - 04/05/00 05:29 PM

If you are being harrassed at work you should call the ADA--there is legal protection for you! And perhaps you would feel less isolated if you joined a group of other women in a similar situation as you. There are so many other people going through what you are going through! Callthe Women Alive hotline: 1-800-554-4876. At this number you can talk to women with HIV and see how they have coped. They are located in Los Angeles and are open 11am to 6 pm Mon, Wed & Frid. Pacific
time. There is another group that has retreats once a year for women----it's called WORLD and it is in Oakland, Calif.--call 510-986-0340. They have a great newsletter that you could subscribe to. It takes strength to reach out, but you gain so much! If you ever have treatment questions--there are also so many resources! Call Treatment Data Network 1-800-734-7104. Or call Project Inform (in California) 1-800-822-7422. Both these organizations will send you a full packet of information and are available to talk to people and answer treatment questions.
Take care!
Carol

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Everything Happens for a reason new
      #2988 - 04/05/00 05:30 PM

While reading your E-mail God spoke to my heart. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Romans 10:9) Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. I don't know if you have a personal relationship with God. But, I'm here to tell you I do. I made peace with God through his Son Jesus Christ (annointed one, messiah, savior) My life was a mess i was using drugs and doing everything under the sun. When I made Christ Lord (Master) of my life and begin and still do spend time with him in the Word (Holy Scriptures) His word (which is the Holy Scriptures) beginned to wash my mind. God forgave me for the past and I forgave myself for the past. E-mail me sometime we will talk further

love always

reginar

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1542

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3