Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

just diagnosed
      #29184 - 03/02/02 08:01 PM

Just diagnosed and frightened. how do you begin.
kl

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: just diagnosed new
      #29211 - 03/03/02 11:51 AM

I was diagnosed recently also oct 26,01 it's really hard but as i was constantly told "life is not over" and it really isn't i would say start with a good doctor who is very familiar with hiv/aids depending on where you live go seek help from support groups this site has alot of info on it and maybe that will help also. but above all keep your head up!!!!! it's not a death sentence and it will get a little easier as time goes on ( dealing with it) so hopefully you are in the early stages and you can take better care of yourself , it's all up to you.
i wish you the best and take care!
your not alone

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29212 - 03/03/02 01:22 PM

Just keep in mind that HIV or AIDS is not a 100% fatal disease. Many who were diagnosed back in 1981 are still alive and the director of the cdc has said that people can definately go for 20, 25 years being HIV positive sometimes without AIDS. It's a begining to a new part of your life.

Just keep hope.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29288 - 03/04/02 04:09 PM

I started questioning whether HIV was the cause of AIDS in 1996 and as the years go by I have not seen any convincing evidence that HIV is the cause. My advise to you is to look at both sides of this debate and come to your own conclusions about what causes all the AIDS defining diseases that are supposedly caused by the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV for short.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29597 - 03/08/02 10:22 PM

Do study your options and find good medical support from an expert. And weed out the good information from the "denialists". They can question it with their own lives, and add to the overwhelming evidence that the drugs do work.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#29601 - 03/09/02 11:42 AM

And I think the world is flat and that I was too smart too get HIV. Get off this board with your idiocy. Who cares about the arguement whether HIV causes AIDS. Countless studies have shown that the medications work at saving lives. Don't you have something better to do then spread misinformation? How do you sleep at night knowing that you may cause some ignorant person to follow your nonsense and die? But I bet you will still feel self righteous! Cause guys like you have no humility. Have you ever thought you may be wrong??? (bet not!)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1980

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3