Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
joann
Unregistered

problems
      #2879 - 04/05/00 03:22 PM

I have a is there anyone else who is having problems with there liver count? I had to have a liver biopsy done on April 2 1999 and I got the results back with some inflammation in my liver and if my liver count keeps going up I my have to have a Liver Transplant I am only 19 and other then that I am fine with the HIV The viral load is undetactable and my cd4 is 619. It is just my liver. Is there anyone else that is having the same things happen? You can e-mail me or post it on this board. I check it frequently.
JoAnn

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: problems new
      #2880 - 04/05/00 03:23 PM

What if any medications are you on and how long have you been on them? The toxicity of the drug cocktails can cause liver damage much like the damage done to the liver by abusing drugs and alcohol.

joann
Unregistered

#2881 - 04/05/00 03:23 PM

I was on Virocept and Combivir, but I had a allergic reaction to the Virocept, And it made almost all of my hair fall out. Now I am on Virume and Conbivir. I have been on the medication for 7 months I was put on medication right away after I found out about the HIV. But the thing that I really don't understand is that they do want to blame it on my medications. But then on the other hand they tell me that my liver enzyme count has been high for a couple of years. I have only been on the medications for 7 months.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2882 - 04/05/00 03:24 PM

But then on the other hand they tell me that my liver enzyme count has been high for a couple of years. I have only been on the medications for 7 months.

Have you been in the past or are currently abusing alcohol and or other drugs?

joann
Unregistered

#2883 - 04/05/00 03:25 PM

No I haven't I don't drink or use drugs. The only thing that I do is smoke and my doctor said that has nothing to do with the reason why my count is high. They tested for Hepititis C and those tests came back negative and now they are testing for Hepititis B. Maybe one of these days I will find out what is exactly wrong.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2884 - 04/05/00 03:25 PM

It sure sounds like your problems are related to the medications, especially since you have had intollerable side effects with them all ready. Were you having health problems before you started the HIV meds? Since you are a smoker it could also be a posibility that your HIV antibody test was a false positive. The stress smoking puts on the body can cause a rise in antibodies in your system

Grant
Unregistered

#2885 - 04/05/00 03:26 PM

<
That is riduculous!!! In NO studies has smoking shown to cause a rise in antibodies. NO studies in the world--check Medscape if you're not sure.

JoAnn, please call a respected treatment hotline with your concerns, this guy belongs to a weird group called HEAL--they believe that HIV does not cause AIDS and a lot of other nonsense. And they know nothing about treatment--they think all treatment is bad and have been on these boards trying to convince people to go off treatment.

Call
•AIDS Treatment Data Network: 800-734-7104 or 212-260-8868
•HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service: 800-448-0440
•Project Inform 800-822-7422
International Hotline: 415-558-9051

These hotlines have really savvy treatment advocates who you can talk to. And you can call repeatedly, they will also mail out information and have referrals.

Good luck!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2855

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3