Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Roger
Unregistered

Non-support from Churches in USA
      #28354 - 12/08/02 06:44 AM

My best friend and son died of AIDS, January 25, 1997. It's been five years and still seems like yesterday. I am a Christian, member of one of the largest Baptist church in the south. I am on a crusade, mission, whatever, to get more
churches, especially Baptist, to be more compassionate, understanding, and less condemning of those, especially members, who have a loved one, family, friend, whoever, who
may be dying or have died with this dreadful disease. Fortunately, I was able to love, take care of, and assure him this was not God's way of punishing him for his homosexuality, and that God loved hom no matter what.
Seems there are all kinds of pastors, ministers, priest, rabbi's, church leaders who say one thing but support another. I am not here to condone any lifesyle, yet I am not here to condemn anyone, with the attitude, they have a choice. That's totally bull, and when the church and it's members turn their backs on those affected, either directly or indirectly, they, in essence, have choosen to condemn those to hell, without a chance to repent, to show their true Christian love, support and teaching. Christ said "I
come not for the rightous, but for the sinners. I had a lady tell me, her minister told her her son was in hell. God
help and forgive that minister. How long do we have to be the stumbling block, how long do we have to hear the untruthful gospel, when will we stop condemning parents, brothers, sisters, family members, friends, significant others, before we realize we are not doing God's work but the work of Satan? Someone out there, share your story with me, tell me how the church has supported or not supported you, I need to know, I want to know, I want to change things
attitudes, I never got the support, yet I am convenienced, if
I sit back and say or do nothing, this injustice, spiritual,
that is, will be blood on my own hands. Please email me your thoughts, your stories, whatever, positive or negative,
to rrogerhome@aol.com.
Thank you for your time, patience and thoughts on this subject.
May God richly bless you and yours,
Roger Bennett
rrogerhome@aol.com
PS Excuse my grammar and spelling

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nancy
Unregistered

Re: Non-support from Churches in USA new
      #59247 - 02/21/03 12:55 AM

That is sad about the churches doing that, but they do..not all of them but some of them do. They all need to ask themselves What would Jesus Do? Well let me tell you, he would show his love to all, gay, Straight,whatever. I think Jesus would rather see all sinners setting in all churchs on Sunday then a church full of saved people. Because they are saved and the sinners need to get saved. Jesus went out into the streets and visited the drunks and the whore's..he told them of his everlasting love and how they could follow him..we do need to pray for the churches that don't want people there that have aids or hiv or stds..we all have sin in our lives..if you eat too much that is considered a sin in Gods eye, saying a bad word to someone is wrong too. But some people don't see that, like I said everyone has sin in their lives..even preachers! My Brother John passed away in 1993 almost 10 years ago, from AIDS. He knew in his heart to ask God to forgive him for what he had done, John was a christian that just got out of Gods will..and John told us that the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is everlasting. thats in the Bible, He knew that God forgave him, and he knew when he died he would be in heaven. Where we lived at the time was a small town in Ky. our preacher would could by and visit with John, and he was allowed to go to church there if he could, but John was so sick he couldn't go out anywhere. But there was another church there that really turned their back on us all..we had known these people all our lives..you really find out who your true friends are..then I moved to Va. and asked my church if there were someone with aids that wanted to come to church would you let them in..they said yes we would because they need God just like anyone else..I was so happy to hear that..because not very many would say that..All we can do is pray for the preachers out there that aren't thinking What would Jesus do? And hope that God will one day change their minds and touch their hearts to show love towards everyone not just a few..
I would love for you to visit my website to see my brother in photos and read my stories about him..
http://www.geocities.com/nanny_ann_2000/index.html
you can copy and paste that address or make sure you type all of it in starting with http://
and don't you worry about those churches because God will deal with them on his own time.and you shouldn't worry about it being on your hands you haven't done a thing but try to do what Jesus would do and love everyone.
Nancy ann

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1305

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3