Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
JB.
Unregistered

herbs!
      #2820 - 04/05/00 01:32 PM

A few months ago , I saw on this board an entry from a guy called Chris regarding some Chinese Herbs.

He said he took Chinese Herbs (hepatic disease and Shousaikotou)and an Agaricus mushroom in Brazil and it boosted his CD4 and decreased VL.

I am trying to trace these herbs in Australia, but I can't find them. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Is this the same thing as the Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma Lucidum)???

Does anyone know about this as this is supposed to be the new wonder herbs for the immune system and I would like to take it as soon as possible.
JB

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steve
Unregistered

Re: herbs! new
      #2821 - 04/05/00 01:33 PM

You know, this mushroom thing went over real big in L.A. about 2 years ago and I can't remember the name, but anyone who is into Chinese Medicine could tell you. Plus, I think health food stores hopped on the bandwagon real quick and carry various forms. Whatever helps. Be sure to eat them with the urine of pregnent women....

bentley
Unregistered

#2822 - 04/05/00 01:34 PM

I think the mushroom you are talking about is called Mataki ( I am not sure of the spelling). In Japan, they did some research on this mushroom along with Reishi. Like Steve said, you should be able to find these at a Health Food Store. Try them with tea though, I hear the urine from pregnant women can taste nasty.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2823 - 04/05/00 01:34 PM

Hey JB
You can look up old postings on this board by clicking on the back arrow. Doug

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87601 - 02/14/04 11:42 AM

"Shosaikoto enhances the immune response through at least two different routes, that is, through eliminating the inhibition of lymphocyte functions by prostaglandin E2 (which may inhibit NK cell enhancers) and through presenting antigen more efficiently". COX inhibitors should also reduce PGE2 (NSAIDS,ibuprofen, etc...)
...but before you get too excited go to this link http://www.time.com/time/asia/features/asian_medicine/killer.html

logopolis

Reged: 05/23/09
Loc: UK
      #245868 - 05/23/09 11:41 AM

Hi,

Shitake & Maitake Mushrooms are said to contain substances that keep HIV from destroying immune strentghing cells. A good supermarket should sell them...also get brazil nuts, i read an articale the other day that these contain Selenium which is good for the immune system...i keep a dish handy and much a couple each day!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4447

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3