Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

sharing utensils
      #27694 - 02/01/02 11:56 AM

Hello Everyone. I have tried asking this question, but am usually met with hostility when it comes up, the usual response being that I am rather slow or young, which I am not. I have a loved one who is AIDS positive. I love her very much but still worry about catching HIV through indirect contact. Usually, we are very careful about needles, etc, but when we sit down to a meal, she will dip into the main dish with the spoon she eats with. I was told that you could not get HIV through this, but I am told it is in all bodily fluids, including saliva, and cannot help being a little worried. Also, I have not been "in the loop" of medical research for several years and am wondering if there are any new medicines or treatments to help patients.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sharing utensils new
      #27699 - 02/01/02 07:35 PM

I think you can trust that it is highly unlikely that HIV would be transmitted by the saliva-utensil-food route. If I were you I'd be more concerned about the "Usually we are very careful about needles, etc". Are you saying that you sometimes share IV needles? Obviously, that would be a very bad idea.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27702 - 02/01/02 09:13 PM

You can share utensils because the ONLY Bodily fluids that can TRANSMIT HIV are semen, vaginal fluids, blood and breast milk (to babies) THAT'S IT!! you cannot get HIV from salivia. there are 40 million people living with HIV and NO ONE got HIV from salivia! NONE. HIV is not transmitted casually... intercourse is efficient cause there is movement, which causes abrasions in the vagina or anus and then a decent amount of fluid is released and can ENTER the BLOODSTREAM through the abrasions...
You have skin that protects you--HIV can't get into your bloodstream when you share utensils. EVEN if someone bled on a fork, in a few seconds the HIV would DIE. And then you would have to get the blood from the fork into your blood stream by cutting yourself. So you see it's impossible. Share forks, towels, chairs, cups -- you can kiss, hug and sit close. JUST DON"T HAVE UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE! those are the FACTS. salivia may have some HIV in it...but it's not the transmittable kind. and that's been DOCUMENTED 40 million times.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27739 - 02/03/02 01:10 PM

SO were are the documents? Most of these so-called facts you speak of are just scientific rumours spread by people such as yourself. They decide what theory best fits the gaping holes in their larger theory that hiv is an infectious disease.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sharing false info new
      #27740 - 02/03/02 01:16 PM

What kind of crap propaganda is this: "HIV is not transmitted casually... intercourse is efficient cause there is movement", Well let me tell you there is "movemenT" in blowjobs too and yet this thjeory does not appy. The inner lining of the mouth is just as vunerable as the anus yet gays rufuse to look at this. When is the last time you bleed through the anus . This is just mythical homophobic garbage that quilt and shame based gays pass on to others and homophobic scientists and doctors spread. It makes no sense at all. Then they add the mother to baby equation to add to there drug market. Please give me a break!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27743 - 02/03/02 02:29 PM

It is not just rumors. That post you are responding to isn't even a reflection of dissident views. I doubt that person is even a dissenter. That was a mainstream view that was poorly written that you replied to.

But if you need to know. The study nicknamed the Paladin study ran for 10 years. Out of 400 some couples one HIV pos and one HIV neg, the people who seroconverted were almost all people who had histories of STD's and similar higher risk histories. Then there was another in Uganda with 175 discordant couples that didn't have condom usage. Bolth studies rated the average chance for seroconversion due to sex to be about 1 in 1000. According to these two studies HIV doesn't transfer too easily. They of course give higher risk complications such as other stds, very high viral, genital ulcerations, etc. a greater risk more like 1 in 100 to 1 in 500, and low risk individuals with no other risk factors a less likely chance more around 1 in 10000.

Siliva has never been documented to transfer HIV, although bleeding sores in mouths of bolth people have.

Even contaminated needles have a risk of less than 1/3 of a percent for transfering HIV. This last one is shown because a dissident doctor on purpose stuck a needle into an HIV positive person and himself twice to show HIV doesn't cause AIDS on camera. The mainstream wrote this off as pointless saying "Studies of intravenous drug users and health care workers who have accidentally stuck themselves with HIV-contaminated needles suggest that Willner has a less than one-third of one percent chance of actually becoming infected from his dramatic demonstration."
Mainstream doctors said that last one, not dissidents.(FLORIDA PHYSICIAN THROWS A DRAMATIC JAB AT THE EXPERTS VIEW OF AIDS By Rick Weiss
The Washington Post 1 Nov. 1994 )

So from the mainstream point of view there is no apparent chance of siliva transfering HIV, and isn't that easy by casual sex either. Note that I don't encourage unprotected sex. There are many other STD that I don't want and doubt others want either.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Oops, sorry new
      #27744 - 02/03/02 02:35 PM

Sorry I wrote the message I'm repling to and I misread the simple word "is" for "isn't" when I wrote that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27746 - 02/03/02 03:33 PM

So if your oing to scare people into complying with with "safe" quidelines provide the links to teh documents that are peer reviewed that proove that transmission is possible under these sucumstances. This is not a dissident vs mainstream concept is is just good science. Even if sex was the mode of transmission millions if not billions would be dead by now as predicted in the early 80's. Yet none of these predictions have come true and many gays and non-gays practice "unsafe sex" today. Somethinge does not add up here.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4407

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3