HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
What I do to ignore life a little
      #276420 - 06/01/14 07:31 PM

Acrylic on Canvas (10x10) started 5/28 finished 6/1

I paint. I find it to be challenging yet relaxing. I get to put all my attention on it and there is little room for anything else. What do others do?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: What I do to ignore life a little *DELETED* new
      #276428 - 06/01/14 09:58 PM

Post deleted by crabman

Edited by crabman (06/01/14 10:03 PM)

kicker

Re: What I do to ignore life a little new
      #276429 - 06/01/14 10:02 PM

That's an awesome picture. I may just paint that! I like it a lot.

Though I think that one will be oil. I get the texture and blending better with oil doesn't dry a quick leaving me more time to get it right.

Oooh I loved the 1935 movie version.

Edited by kicker (06/01/14 10:11 PM)

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: What I do to ignore life a little *DELETED* new
      #276431 - 06/01/14 10:07 PM

Post deleted by crabman

Edited by crabman (06/01/14 10:10 PM)

kicker

#276432 - 06/01/14 10:17 PM

It's ok I downloaded it before you did, but I'm glad that you put it back up. They are both awesome images. Though knowing that you put that through a watercolor enhancer makes me want to try to do it in watercolor.

That's funny you took that with your iPhone. When I take pics with mine I usually end up with fuzz/smudge right in the middle. That or I catch my finger. I use my digital and a tripod when I want a really good shot. I'm too clumsy and shaky without it.

kicker

#276450 - 06/02/14 08:25 PM

How unfortunate, those were some gorgeous pictures.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: What I do to ignore life a little
      #276468 - 06/03/14 09:42 AM

Hey Kicker, I absolutly LOVE IT !!!!!! Remember what I say about when I do my pastels ? I say it's my fustration therapy that sometimes fustrates me. lol I can't help but keep scrolling to look at your painting. It looks really really good. How did you post it to the web?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

kicker

#276469 - 06/03/14 09:48 AM

I signed up for a flickr account. Flickr.com. Then uploaded the image to it. Then they have an option to copy and paste bbcode so u can show it on boards. Then just put the code in while you are posting. I will give details here in a little bit. I am on my phone so it's a little hard to write out the steps. Give me an hour.

kicker

#276470 - 06/03/14 10:26 AM

Ok sorry. Technology is not playing nice today. Had to call the cable company to fix the Internet. They said it will take a day or two. Yay!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #276471 - 06/03/14 10:42 AM

Well I did get as far as signing up for Flickr but then I'm lost

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

kicker

#276473 - 06/03/14 11:20 AM

Click on upload photo/video. Then add/select/upload to add a new image. They also do drag and drop adding if that's easier. Just click and hold down the file you want to upload and let go of the mouse over the webpage. (Never did it like that so don't know how well that works) select the file to upload and then edit the photo I think. It's different on the PC than it is on my phone. (No Internet at the moment except by phone).

Once it's uploaded look for the share button/link there it should give you options to embed the photo on another site or email it. Click the bbcode option then copy and paste the text that appears here.

If I was able to log on to it through my PC I would be able to give you better step by step instructions.

lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
      #276481 - 06/03/14 04:25 PM

Music does it for me. Guitar, banjo, harmonica. The harp is great respiratory therapy too. Beautiful painting. Thank you for sharing.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #276497 - 06/03/14 10:49 PM

I'm so jealous at all of you .... awesome painting kicker and river's frustration therapy I've seen before and it is ... WOW. I can draw an emoticon

I am more of an appreciater of the arts, that's my release. Good music, awesome art, nice writing ... takes me away when I need to!

Keep up the amazing you guys!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #276547 - 06/07/14 08:26 AM

Kicker, I go away for a couple days and come back to this confusion. I honestly DID try following the topic thread.

I got that you paint. lilfshrmn has music. And, riverprincess should have Flickr by now. (IF her internet company is efficient!)

I tried painting. Decided it was something that many people in this world do, and I should give it a go. NOT again! I can appreciate art from a couple steps back. But, every time I tried to put anything down on paper the colors got muddled and the picture was grey on grey. Not an any form or sense. So, I'm not a painter, but I did try.

I love music. I've played different instruments for many years. Unfortunately, a condition from about 15 years ago leaves me unable to continue to pursue that. I still listen to music. Preferably classical.

I did my couple of years sitting, watching television/movies. Used to be very up-to-date on the newest releases. Still am to an degree.

But, ever since I got my first computer I've been hooked! I don't so much just sit here and surf webpages although that is how I get much of my information. The computer can do so much more. I hate that people go through life looking at them as if they'll never understand them, so they shouldn't touch them. Same is true of just about anything in life. But, I do research. (Thank you, Mrs. M. for making me have to do a term paper in which I had to confirm my material rather than find it from one source and determine it was truthful!) I do newsletters. I send email. I play games. I even communicate with others who are half the world away.

On good days I like to take the bus and go to the store or the library. Luckily for me they're next to one another. I love riding looking out the window and all life is. (I love walking looking more closely, but can't do that for long periods of time.) Even if it's the same route every time. I always try to find something new to notice. A person has mowed their lawn. A sign has been changed. Buildings going up or coming down.

Life changes constantly. To think that we are going to be in the same place doing the same thing forever can only mean 2 possibilities - 1) You're senile. Or, 2) You're dead.

I'm so grateful for people like yourself! People who can paint. People who can write music. People who can invent. You bring joy to the lives of so many others from what you do for a "pasttime".

kicker

#276548 - 06/07/14 11:38 AM

Ok river here is how. Sorry it took so long, they needed to dig up the cable line and install a new one so it took a few days to get a crew out to do that.

Ok go to flickr and sign in. Once signed in at the top of the page you will see the following links/buttons "You | People | Groups | Explore | Upload" Click on Upload.

You will be redirected to a page that says, "

Drag & drop photos and videos here

or
Choose photos and videos"

Click on "Choose photos and video" another window will open that will allow you to browse your computer files. I normally put any files that I want to upload on my desktop so they are easy to find It is the default directory that the pop up window goes to. You should see a list of all the files that are on your desktop as you would if you were just looking at the start screen when you start your computer.

Then just click the image you want to upload. Then hit the open button in the same window that you just choose the file in. When you are satisfied with the image you have chosen (the pop up window will close and you will see your image displayed in the browser) Look in the upper right hand corner of the screen you will see a flashing "Upload (x number) photos" button. Click on that. It will begin the upload. Dependent on the size of the photo and the speed of your connection it may take a few seconds to a few minutes. Let it run.

When it is done uploading click on the image you would like to share. This will open it in a new window. On the right of the screen you will see icons about half way down the page. A star, a comment box, a box with an arrow coming out of it, and three dots. Click on the box with the arrow coming out of it.

This will open another pop up window. Then click on "BBcode" Select the size that you want to display, then copy the code that is under that. It should highlight automatically.

Then come here and make a new post and insert that copied code into the new post. It's that easy. Sounds like a lot I know, but it really doesn't take that much. Just a few clicks.

@Iam1
I couldn't tell you how many paintings I have seen that are of what you described being sold and selling for quite a bit, I wouldn't dismiss gray blobs so easily. Personally, I think as long as you enjoy what you are doing and enjoy the final result what does it matter what it looks like. There are some artist that get away with sticking only a single blob of paint on a bay window sized canvas and have gallery showings around the world. So you never know.

@lilfshrmn
I played violin for years, ended up losing it in a move....sore subject. I always like listening to the harmonica and guitar though. Never could get my fingers to work the strings on a guitar. I'm a bit jealous.

@anotherday
I am sure you have other talents that allow you to express yourself. Then again there is nothing wrong with just being able to enjoy someone's talent either.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2683

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3