Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Some Major Changes coming up for me new
      #276108 - 04/30/14 08:35 AM

Soon I will be having to change my meds to co-incide with my new HepC tx. Not exactly sure when this will be buut I see it coming relatively soon. I know this isn't a hep web site but alot of times , if you contracted through IV drug use it comes as a partner.Am I concerned about this change, yes to a degree. After all this will be my 3rd round . They say it is much easier on the body , no injections with this tx . But I may be going on stribild or truvada and isentress for the hiv. And Solvaldi for the Hep It can be anywhere from 13 weeks to when ever. We'll see. Keep you all posted.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Some Major Changes coming up for me new
      #276109 - 04/30/14 11:37 AM

How scary and exciting river! It's always intimidating changing what has been working, but the newer treatments are extremely promising for those with coinfections. You should be proud of yourself for having the courage to take this step to a healthier you! And just think of the positive example you are modeling for others by doing so and making it public.

You are truly an awesome woman. I'd wish you luck, but I am sure with your strength luck will find very little to do.

lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
Re: Some Major Changes coming up for me
      #276110 - 04/30/14 07:06 PM

Positive thoughts and prayer sent your way.
My spouse is being treated for HCV now. Occupational
exposure likely. I am not infected. So far so good with the meds. Her ID doc says she'll be cured in 12 weeks. Meds developed from AIDs research. Go figure...
Love and Peace

riverprincessModerator

#276127 - 05/03/14 08:49 AM

I truly am touched and appreciated both of yous , Kicker and lifsham, encouragement. I'm usually the one giving encouragement to others so when I read the kind words it really may me think " Awwww, HOw sweet !" And thank you also Kicker for your comment on " luck " . Sometimes we don't see ourselves as others do , whether good or bad, but when you see the good that others see in oneself it is ver moving. Again thank you both for your inspiring words. BIG HUGS to you BOTH!

--------------------

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #276148 - 05/04/14 03:16 PM

Change is always a good thing, and river you are always a pillar of inspiration for all of us. With your electrode activity a while ago to now facing some med changes, it's all good! The docs will never steer you wrong.

Just having you as a friend is inspiring to me, from your art work to your words of wisdom to your bravery. I am thrilled to know I have you as a friend ... and that changes for you make it less scary for me in time!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

riverprincessModerator

#276161 - 05/06/14 07:38 PM

I truly thank you.

--------------------

woundedrhymes

Reged: 01/21/14
Loc: Toronto
      #276179 - 05/09/14 09:14 PM

riverprincess, I've been on this board for the past few months and seeing your posts full of patience, support and genuine kindness has been truly informative and uplifting. I respect and admire you a lot and I wish you all the best with your new treatment. I'm certain that with your strength and positive attitude you will do well with this

riverprincessModerator

#276183 - 05/10/14 09:01 AM

WOW, Thank you sooo much for your kind thoughts and words.What I am able to do for others I hope I can do for myself. It's easier to be on the outside looking in with people that I care for but when it comes to ones self it can be difficult to practice what one preachers , so to speak. So I hope I don't let everyone down when it comes to being kind and encouraging myself. It's not always easy when the shoe is on the other foot. lol But I know that I have friends like yourself to help me to stay on the right path. Again thank you so very much .

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 965

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3