Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
GodsSoilder1994

Reged: 07/28/13
Loc: Texas
Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself! new
      #273198 - 07/28/13 05:25 PM

Hi, my name is Chelsey 18 living in Texas. I was diagnosed with AIDS about 5 months ago with a T-Cell count of 125.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nichya

Reged: 08/12/13
Loc: Mexico
      #273400 - 08/12/13 05:19 AM

Hi, I'm Daniel, from Mexico, 24, Diagnosed a year ago but just started treatment (Atripla), I've been searching for a forum to meet people and be able to talk about this and... well, I hope this is an active one :$

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #273407 - 08/12/13 08:02 PM

Welcome Daniel, you have come to a good site. I'm on Atripla since April/13 ... great results. Anytime you want to chat in private feel free to drop me a note!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

wayne

Reged: 07/02/09
      #273456 - 08/15/13 06:00 PM

Hi my name is wayne and i live in Fort Lauderdale ,FL I lost my partner of 15 years this past march just days befor my birthday. I have been poz since 1994. This is my third partner to die. Not in a good place right now.

anotherday

#273458 - 08/15/13 06:55 PM

Well welcome to the body wayne, do know that you have some great friends here and we are like a whole new family. Our prayers be with you, it can be a challenging journey this HIV stuff, but just remember your partners still travel it with you, maybe not in person but they are there ... and now you have found us!!!
Feel free to private anyone of us anytime when you feel the need to talk. You are never alone on this journey!!!

--------------------

calamitous

Reged: 08/15/13
      #273468 - 08/15/13 09:11 PM

Hi all, I was diagnosed with AIDS/HIV back in May when I was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. Based on my own personal history, I was infected way back in the mid-90s and had been very healthy until May, so thought I was safe after all this time. But I am here now, doing OK with support from husband and daughter.

anotherday

#273470 - 08/15/13 09:34 PM

... and welcome to the body ... where you have the support of us too! It is always nice to hear good stories and positive journies unfolding ... there's that word positive again ... but you know what I mean ... looking forward to hearing more about your story and journey ... welcome!!!

--------------------

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #273477 - 08/16/13 08:28 AM

This site is definitly active. There are always folks asking questions and we do our best to give the correct answer. And besides all that we just simply care about others as they walk their new journey.

Tinasheart

Reged: 02/19/14
      #275494 - 02/19/14 08:59 PM

Hi, everyone my name is Rhonda. I have been positive for 22yrs. This is my first post and it is a pleasure to be a part of this group. I now spend my time educating young people in my community about HIV and AIDS. I am a single mom of a 21yr old he is negative. It took me a while to get over other people issues, with me being positive but now I am willing to share my story with whoever wants to here it. Over the years I have learned that their issues with my status was, their problem and not mine. No longer living in the shadows but living my life to the fullest.

Edited by Tinasheart (02/19/14 09:02 PM)

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275504 - 02/22/14 09:05 AM

Great to hear from you Rhonda. It's always wonderful to see another person that has taken a challenge in life and turned it around as a tool for reaching out and helping others. So please stick around. The more that can educate and show the light of life , is what we are all about. Hope to also meet you at the Motivated for Mankind @ weebly.com chat room .

Bill71

Reged: 01/13/14
Loc: North Carolina
      #275593 - 03/05/14 09:51 PM

My name is Bill. I've been living with HIV for 20 years. I can't say that I've contributed anything at all in my time to the community. I've spent the better part of my positive years waiting for the other shoe to drop, hiding behind closed doors. I attended support groups back in the beginning but i just couldn't get myself to acknowledge what was happening to me. So I have gone this time alone. I have a partner of 15 years, he's negative and I've never shared much with him and he's never offered conversation about it, so we don't talk about it... so anyway, HI.

--------------------

anotherday

Re: New to the bulletin boards? Introduce yourself!
      #275595 - 03/05/14 10:05 PM

Hi Bill, and welcome to thebody, this is a great site to just sit back and chat and share each others journies. I look forward to hearing more of your journey. It is never too late to start sharing, you've lived this alone long enough, let's chat!

--------------------

mray

Reged: 03/21/14
Loc: roanoke va
      #275770 - 03/21/14 05:37 PM

Hello. My first post. I was told in 1994 that I had HIV. I was diagnosed and began treatment in September of 2013. I had a seizure while driving. Went to the hospital and told my CD was 3 and 4.
Death got very close to me.
I abandoned the gay life for 20 years because of the HIV.
Take care. MRay

anotherday

#275772 - 03/21/14 09:48 PM

Welcome to thebody mray, so happy you have found us and plese don't be a stranger. We are all on this journey together and being a group makes us stronger for each other.

Your story is very captivating, many of us have had those experiences, it's wonderful you made it through to be here!

All the best and welcome!

--------------------

walks12

Reged: 05/12/14
      #276198 - 05/12/14 04:21 PM

Two Lines, Three Letters… A New Birth.

HIV…what is that; I will never get it, those are the things that I always told myself. Boy was I wrong. I did not contract HIV through some heroic or sad sappy story. I contracted it through ignorance and lack of education. People express to me how sorry they are for my diagnosis. Why are you sorry, is what I am thinking? I am probably going to die from smoking cigarettes or eating too much fast food or probably trip while trying to chew gum.

So my name is John Cody Walker, my friends call me Cody. I am 25 years old and I am HIV Positive. I am not on any treatment regimen and I have attempted suicide three times in the past year. Even though, I allowed myself to reach my lowest moments I am fighter and I now see October 13, 2012 as a new birth.

Traffic is so heavy today or it seemed, maybe I am just tired and homesick. I know it can’t be anything else…can it? Cody Walker, Dr. X nice to meet you. A friend of mine told me to come see you about testing. I have been tired a lot and need to figure out what’s going on.

Doc, I am going to laugh if there are two lines. “ Cody you will be fine.” The next thing I know is seeing a double line and wondering…why? Why me? Why now? Why do I have to deal with this? There were so many questions and scenarios running through my head, fear was trying to prevail, the tears wanting to boil over. At that moment three letters changed my life forever. I laughed, I cried and I was mad as hell. The ride home my friend asked how was everything and I lied to his face. “I am fine.” I was so worried about what he and others would think. I was so afraid that people would think I was a freak. I felt: nasty, weird, gross even awkwardly hallow.

Anger, fear, lonely, hurt all describe the way I felt when I walked into my house that day and reality really sank in. My friends/roommates (at least I thought they were friends) asked me what was wrong. I told them and within in hours I was asked to move out. I lost my job, and my sanity all within a few days. I did the only I knew to do, I called my brothers and explained to them what happened, it was a hard conversation. I was so worried and ashamed of myself. I thought my mom was going to be so mad at me but instead, she said, “I love you.” My family is very supportive and I am so thankful for that. I loaded up what clothes I had and jumped on a bus to Yazoo City, MS. I did not want to tell anyone or be around anyone, I just wanted to cry.

Christmas time came and it was rough on me, I was so wallowed in self-pity that I forgot who I was. I vowed to change that. I moved to Jackson, MS, I had to try to make it feel like it did before. I bounced around from couch to couch, looking for a job and asking for handouts along the way. I thought I was entitled something. I mean honestly I have this “thing” killing me and I have nothing. Thanks to friends this mindset changed fast. It took me several months to finally start to feel what I thought was normal. Then one day someone sent me text asking if I was HIV Positive; all the progressive work fell apart reality sank back in and I swallowed a whole bottle of pills. I ended up throwing up and sleeping for 3 days. I lost my job and was back in the same rut that I did not want to be in.

I was so frustrated with everything and myself. I just wanted everyone to stop asking me about the “thing”. I wanted to be normal, to just feel normal. I thought I would never be able to do that. I overdosed for the second time in a month, this time a little bit more successful. I got really sick and one of my roommates came in my room and realized what happened. I vowed that night I would seek mental health treatment and was hospitalized. I knew the only way to reach out and overcome this stigma that was happening in my life was to hit it head-on. I overcame it the best way I knew how, Facebook. I posted about my status and my fear. I finally let the world in.

I was released from the hospital with an outreach and support that I never saw coming. I realized that I had to put myself out there in order to let people in. I started back working at a restaurant and I worked my way to private events. I really enjoy working events and the craziness behind them. Anyhow, I was asked to work this private event on my day off… I wasn’t happy. The event turned about to be one of most life changing experiences of my life. It was the HRC’s Informative Luncheon at Julep Restaurant. I learned that day that there are people fighting for my cause and so many others who need it. I also met Chad Griffin, Karin Quimby, Adam Talbot and so many great influential people. The best thing of all though, was for once I felt I had a purpose.

It took a year for most of the tears, the anger, and fear to calm itself. I still ask myself why, but now it is…WHY? Did it take a year for me to realize that I can fight this “thing” that is HIV. I do not have a P.H. D. I have HIV. This year and half has been a rollercoaster of ups-and downs but I am not dead yet. I have many more years to come and I will fight this to the end. I want to make a difference in people’s lives and let them know they are not alone. We can fight for Equality and break stigmatisms!

Thank you for this opportunity to tell my story.

Sincerely,

Cody Walker HIV Positive

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 122749

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3