Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: The Body site has changed new
      #273173 - 07/25/13 04:35 AM

Hey Kriss,

I like that ... HIV Beautiful ... I have found being HIV positive to be quite positive, for me anyway, it really helped clear the way I see life, which I didn't see before.

We are all beautiful people, just that we are beautiful people with HIV!

Nature has a way of rebuilding when something "tragic" occurs ... Have you ever had the chance to see a stretch of old asphalt highway, if not used and upgraded and just left, nature reclaims that, trees and grasses sprout back through the asphalt and although there is still old asphalt on the ground around the trees, it becomes nature once again!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kclost
New User

Reged: 03/01/13
Loc: Kansas City
      #275519 - 02/26/14 10:35 AM

I know this is an old thread, but as one of those who came here after my initial diagnosis and then pretty much stopped, I thought I'd just throw in my two cents. This board was incredibly helpful to me at first. I was pretty up to date in my HIV knowledge but it's still a hard hit to get that news, especially when you thought you've been careful. But once that initial shock wore off, and the numbness subsided, something happened I almost didn't expect. My life didn't stop. I still had work, I still had my weekly bar trivia, I still had my friends.

Once I let myself accept that I could and likely would have a life relatively like the one I was already living, my big concern became focusing on the virus to the point of navel-gazing. That's not something I really see on this board, but there are others that where that seems to be the dominant topic. I don't want to discount the troubles that people had and continue to have--believe me, every day when I take that single pill before bed I thank God that I contracted this in 2013 and not 1993.

There are people who need sustained support because as far as we've come there are many who still have troubles, and boards like this are important. It helped me a lot, and everyone here is doing great things for people. It was just that for me, knowing my own personality, keeping myself steeped in HIV boards would lead me wallowing, and that is the enemy of forward motion, and acceptance, and living.

I'm not sure how eloquent that was, but I hoped it made at least a little sense. Hope everyone is well!

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275520 - 02/26/14 12:06 PM

Hry there, I am sooo glad that your doing great. I'm not sure how much this site has changed, perhaps it the fact that you took charge of your life and found out that life doesn't have to change as much as one initially thinks. We really could use more input from folks like yourself. Too many times , like with in person support groups, folks realize that life does and can go on and then they have no need for additional support. But there still are many that could benifit from hearing how things went with others. With that siad I hope you continue to stop on by and offer up some encouragement to those still in need.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

kclost
New User

Reged: 03/01/13
Loc: Kansas City
Re: The Body site has changed
      #275522 - 02/26/14 01:13 PM

Thanks. I will try to do that!

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #275525 - 02/26/14 07:39 PM

Well it is good to see you stop by for a visit, don't be a stranger. I first came to this site in May/13 some 2 months and a few days after I was diagnosed ...yes, this week I celebrate one full year of being diagnosed with HIV, and it has been an awesome year.

With the help and support of this website and the fantastic friendships I have made here, moving forward with HIV was nothing, my meds are like taking a vitamin! Sure I have all the aches and pains associated with HIV and meds, even though they could be more age and limited activity and over worked LOL, but it's still life, and life goes on.

I didn't get the shock factor or the mourning or the beating myself up over it. The doctor told me and my biggest thought at the the time was "I have a little life to live, best get at it", then hearing more and more ... I realised I have a lot of life to live now!

HIV changed my life, for the better, I became a more caring and understanding person, I want to change the world (starting with me of course) - the man in the mirror thing - and I want to share my journey with people in hopes to inspire, support, encourage ... as much as I enjoy learning from others on this magical road of HIV.

I hope this site never changes, I hope people become more open and sharing and understand they are not alone in their journey, we are here for each other ... and in numbers we will be stronger!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4112

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3