Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
LoveMe

Reged: 09/29/13
High Blood Pressure
      #274386 - 11/15/13 12:57 AM

Good Day POZ....Has anyone after being diagnosis all of sudden suffer from hypertension and hbp.....I keep having funny right temple pulpatation and numbish feeling in face then it goes away? Do HIV create that? Is anyone on hbp medicine? I read Mary Jane (greens) helps w HBP? Give me some insight plz.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: High Blood Pressure new
      #274388 - 11/15/13 08:10 PM

Have you spoken to you GP about this? You should have it tested to see if it indeed is HBP.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: High Blood Pressure new
      #274389 - 11/15/13 09:27 PM

I now have HBP but the doctor is monitoring it, my last appointment she almost put me on medication but refrained hoping it was just an "occurance", if it is still high next appointment, medication it will be.

She reported its not the HIV virus but could be Atripla related, even though I am on a decent healthy diet, moderate exercise, doing the whole living healthy thing, but the Blood pressure just seems to be off wack a bit.

I have numbing and swelling in the hands and feet, severe joint pain, but no head-ache pain. That could also be related to nerve damage since the HIV had a strong foot hold when I was diagnosed and could have created the numbness, as what the doctor says, but she is the boss and I go on what she reports. Like I said though next appointment the blood pressure hasn't returned to a decent normal, medication it will be. In the early stages of the diagnosis though, I did have normal blood pressure, no aches and pains, no swelling but just a little numbing ... I say the meds have a lot to do with this! But it won't scare me from taking my meds!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1063

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3