Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Being Undetectable in VL
      #273490 - 08/18/13 10:13 AM

Though having a Undectable VL is great , it does not mean that you don't have any virus in your system still. And though many believe that it is safe having unproected sex is ok if the VL says undetectable , look at it this way for a moment........ If there is a plate of chicken that has bacteria on it , how much of that chicken can you digest before it makes you ill. You may be able to hav one piece with no poblem but continue to have more will make you sick . The same can be said for having unprotected sex with someone with an undetectable VL. How much sex can you have till you become infected? Would you want to put it to the test? Remember there are no re-dos for that test . When it's done, it's done for life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Being Undetectable in VL new
      #273498 - 08/19/13 09:05 PM

Very good comments river, I just recently responded to a post on here from someone regarding "laws" and having sex without disclosing his HIV status ... it should never get to the "laws", people need to learn to be responsible.

The "laws of HIV" are the only laws we should be concerned with, and doctors will tell you them on day one. Everything from sex to organ donations to blood donor ... all these are part of the "laws of HIV"!

I like refering to the topic as the "Laws of HIV" because it is alot of basic common sense and respect towards your fellow human being.

People just seem to like grey areas though ... undetectable, disclosure laws ... I would hate to be the person who past this on to someone just because I wanted to keep it a secret or felt I lived through HIV and was now undetectable!

We as the keepers of the HIV need to be responsible in how we look after it. We need to take ownership of it, might sound weird or creepy but it's true ... we own it. Would we let our dog bite someone, would we put our car in gear and just let it go down the street ... time to be responsible!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 545

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3