Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Lessons learned
      #272501 - 06/12/13 08:27 PM

So it's Wednesday and I figured what better way to get through the rest of the week, but in reflection of where we were verses where we are.

So this thread is about what we have learned since becoming HIV+ about anything, life in general, love, happiness, etc. It can be positive or negative, it's whatever you want it to be. That is after all the meaning of it all, what meaning you give it. So I will begin and you can add what you would like.

Since I have been diagnoses, I have learned several important life lessons. One is you can count on others, but never put all of it on someone else, you are the one you should count on most. Meaning that you should be confident in you enough that having others to rely on is just an added bonus.

Another lesson I have learned, is to appreciate the little wins, even if it's only a small portion of where you want to be. After all the little wins are what gets you to the big wins.

Yet another is that belief will only get you dreaming, while action on your belief will get you to where you dream. (I should state now I am trademarking this one and that it will cost anyone who uses it $0.25 per use. lol j/k I need quite a few more years before I can comb over and be a douche ).

Your turn.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Lessons learned new
      #272502 - 06/12/13 08:32 PM

Btw, don't feel bad if you can't come up with any, you can simply say you haven't learned anything different as well. There is no right or wrong with this.

If you can't think of one, you can comment on another or give even a "wishlist" of things you would like to learn to better yourself or your situation.

You could also quote things that have helped you along the way as well, what you find comforting. (Just please don't turn it into a religious debate. I will delete any post that wants to argue merits of one meaning over another. Live and let live.)

Fyodor

Reged: 06/03/13
      #272507 - 06/13/13 08:45 AM

One thing I do know I have incorporated ever since I was diagnosed is a profound sense of enjoying the NOW. I used to postpone vacations, traveling, gatherings, etc...Now I want to see the world ASAP and never say NO to a festive ocassion.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272526 - 06/13/13 07:53 PM

Just today I actually realized that hubby want s to go to the movies every week than I should just happily go. I worry about finances when I know tha God has all our needs covered. So I decided t enjoy even if it is dude flick. lol Even if I snooze for a minute or two. lol

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #272568 - 06/17/13 12:17 AM

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272589 - 06/18/13 11:22 AM

I have learned to have a increased sense of humor. I actually like to laugh at myself when I do something really stupid. Laughter is a terrific medicine. And I'm not taling about just a giggle but a laugh that can be heard in the next room. I work with the public in the medical field and love to joke and make others laugh . But it must be filled with love and sincerity.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272598 - 06/18/13 01:45 PM

My lesson learned came day one, when they told me I was positive, a calm came over me, a sudden burst of joy, a grounding of sorts. I learned then that what I have in life, and who I will encounter in life are very important and need to be appreciated and need to be shown that appreciation.
My relationships and friendships suddenly burst with strength and understanding. I see things now from other peoples eyes and not what I always just assumed. I see now where I was a jerk and an idiot, that got me no where!
I realised I don't need masses of things and knowledge to be someone, I just need to be me!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1249

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3