Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anxiousone

Reged: 12/11/12
Living with HIV-2
      #270139 - 01/13/13 03:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I know its a long shot, but I was hoping to speak to anyone on this forum who has HIV-2? I just want to know about quality of life, medication, etc. I know it is less common but any information I would appreciate. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Living with HIV-2 new
      #270140 - 01/13/13 04:17 PM

I would strongly suggest you stop feeding your obsession over a disease you have tested negative for having. HIV 1 or 2 is not an issue for you.

This forum is for people that actually have HIV, not for the worried well that just want to live vicariously through people living with HIV.

Anxiousone

#270142 - 01/13/13 04:54 PM

My post is simply to reach out to those with HIV-2. I mean no disrespect Crabman. If anyone has HIV-2 or knows someone who has does, I would love to hear your story. Thanks!

crabmanModerator

#270143 - 01/13/13 05:09 PM

But why are you so interested in their story?

It's certainly not to help them or add anything worthwhile to anyone's life that is living with HIV.

Anxiousone

#270149 - 01/13/13 06:40 PM

Crabman, none of your posts would be helpful to something living with HIV-2. Please don't make this thread about me.

crabmanModerator

#270150 - 01/13/13 07:02 PM

But of course this is all about you. YOU want to know what it's like to live with HIV. WHY? You don't have it. What possible use is that information to you? What exactly do you offer in return? Absolutely nothing. You don't have HIV and have no understanding with which to engage in a conversation about living with it. So you are asking questions only for self interest. Not because you actually care about how people are getting along with HIV. Which is why I gave you a very generalized answer to your PM.

See you don't get it. Perhaps someone living with HIV 2 has a few different issues than someone living with HIV 1, but the bottom line for all of us are we are living and dealing with HIV. We face the same fears. We face the same stigma. We face the same questions as to disclosure to family, friends, lovers, children. We face the same concerns for all the varied nuances of medications. Something that my 17 years of experience can be helpful to those going through what I have already done. The fact you believe that I have nothing helpful to those living with HIV 2 just goes to show how little you understand.

So it is not me trying to make this thread all about you. You have done so yourself by inserting yourself in a place you don't belong.

As someone that lives with HIV, I do not see the need for worried wells to intrude where they are not welcomed. This forum is for those of us LIVING with HIV. Something you are not doing.

Now quit trying to imagine what it would be like to be HIV positive and count your blessing that you are not.

Edited by crabman (01/13/13 07:22 PM)

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #270151 - 01/13/13 07:34 PM

Kinda an oxymoron to say it isn't about you when you started the post to begin with isn't it?

Although I totally agree with crabman I think you should know what it's like. Just to have HIV in general. So here it is the first year of being HIV+.

First week or two: you get poked and examined from head to toe all while feeling like every person no matter how nice is looking at you like you are nothing more than a dirty piece of shit. Scared doesn't even begin to cover the feeling. You're afraid to leave your house to leave your bed for fear that somehow you died and went to hell. All while being asked over and over again about how you found out, every detail of your sexual life being reviewed over and over again by different people. Also you feel the dirtiest you ever have felt.

First three to six months you become so use to seeing your drs waiting room you forget you even have a home if you're lucky. Every social gathering or errand you run you feel as if people know. They can see it. You believe everyone is judging you. Your friends your family the dog. You go into panic mode looking at labels buying and eating the most aweful tasting cardboard crap trying to be as healthy as possible. You hop on the treadmill and start running only to realize you're running from yourself.

At this point you go either one of two ways. You either accept it or you decide to ignore it and go down a self destructive path cause your psychy can't handle it or you pick yourself up and take a shower and realize everything is in your control and you stop eating that cardboard crap and realize everything in moderation.

You on the other hand will be most likely in the "let your life spin out of control and end up almost or even dying before getting your act together" category. I say this because you have proven through your umpteen posts and 4 extremely paranoid emails to me AFTER testing negative well past the window period.

Now that you know your future believe me when I say your best hope is to go see a shrink. Cause no matter what guilt you think you are feeling now it can be a hundred times worse. The sooner the better. Cause your the type of personality that will finally give up and not care cause you'll convince yourself that you already have it and will not protect yourself and really end up positive. Classic self fulfilling prophecy behavior so far.

Anxiousone

#270152 - 01/13/13 09:47 PM

Crabman and Kicker,

I am SO sorry. I promise I will not post on this forum until my positive test. I truly never meant for either of you to take my post personally. I know that neither of you believe me when I say that I am going through seroconversion but I am just so scared right now. Please know that I am not a bad person and please don't hate me for having posted here.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #270154 - 01/13/13 10:03 PM

I wish I had the time to sit here and count how many times I've read the lines: "I promise I will not post on this forum until my positive test." And " I know that neither of you believe me when I say that I am going through seroconversion but I am just so scared right now." So that I could figure out how rich I would be for every dime owed. Not to mention all the "told you so, in your face" moments that I missed out on when they don't return with their "positive results" they are so sure of.

As far as I'm concerned you didn't bug me or upset me or even phase me one way or another. Sorry you don't have that power. I find you a sad creature that has yet to learn the basics of life. So here's a thought to ponder as you feel so lost and scared by your OWN mental health issue.

If one person calls you a duck ignore it. If two people call you a duck think about it. If three people call you a duck start quacking.

sallyjoseph

Reged: 01/05/13
      #270158 - 01/14/13 04:48 AM

HIV illness is usually detected through blood tests detecting the presence or absence of HIV antibodies.
I don't have any idea about HIV-2.

notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
      #270205 - 01/15/13 11:11 PM

Post whatever you want. No one here has any authority on who can or cannot post here. As long as your polite and not spamming, ask anything you want. Don't let anyone scare you away. In general, you may find a variety of posts. Quite frankly, I'm dissappointed that you didn't find kinder responses or at least one. Everyone is different. Personally, I would never have come to this site before I was positive. I didn't even want to think about it. Maybe your doing the right thing by coming here first so if you are positive, at least you've started with your research. Hopefully your not though. Being positive hasn't really affected my life other than taking one pill every night. The part of just know I am, is the worst and the secret I now have the keep also sucks. But life goes on and I make the best of it and I rarely think about it. Finally, again there are nice people on this forum, sadly they are no where to be found since you made your original post.

cm82391
Regular

Reged: 03/08/12
Loc: Reno NV
      #270206 - 01/16/13 12:40 AM

Its not that people are not accepting and welcoming...but this person has some twisted fantasy of having HIV. Tested over and over again and still negative.

A little obnoxious and time consuming.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4407

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3