Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
PozInOrlando

Reged: 09/07/12
Loc: Orlando, Florida
How fast can resistance develop?
      #269820 - 12/23/12 03:44 AM

I take Truvada, Reyataz, and Norvir every single day and have not missed a daily dose yet. I take them before bed, usually with a light snack.

I try to take them around 11pm, though a few nights I have taken them at 12am, 1am and 2am. Can resistance develop that quickly if I'm off by just 3 hours?

My times have been varied due to my work schedule some night ms I do not get off work until well after midnight

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
Re: How fast can resistance develop? new
      #269821 - 12/23/12 04:30 AM

resistance happens mainly by not taking the medications then taking them and missing many times. i beleive a few hours is nothing, because you are taking them you will be ok. just take them as close to the same time as possible, dont sweat it.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #269825 - 12/23/12 09:27 AM

There have been times , not often but it has happened , where I totally missed taking my med. I don't sweat it but don't make a habit of missing. I'm talking once in a 6 month span . There are drawbacks to having a 1 pill coctail verses a multi . If your missing one of your pills well thats one thing but when all your taking is 1 thats another thing. YOu have to be very adhereant at all times no matter how many you take but there is no room for error when it's only one pill a day.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

lovableo
Regular

Reged: 11/22/11
      #269857 - 12/27/12 12:30 AM

I've been on Truvada and Viramune for many years. I'm suppose to take the Viramune 1 pill twice a day but a few years ago I started taking all three of my pills at one time. I would never recommend that anyone else does this. I've just been very blessed to usually have a Cd4 count ranging anywhere between 960-1169 and my Viral Load has been undetectable even with the new testing system they have <20 copies ( I hope I used the correct symbol. The less than symbol. I always get them mixed up lol). So just do your best to stay on schedule or close to it. It's more important to take them a few hours late than not take them at all. Good luck with taking your meds in the future. Have a Happy New Year also.

familyfirst
Regular

Reged: 06/05/12
Loc: tulsa ok
      #269938 - 01/01/13 10:27 PM

I had the same worry with my meds im taking Complera its a three pack pill, I had missed taking it for several days due to it not being avalable to me, and after that week we retested my system and the virus is still non-resistance.

jtpa
Regular

Reged: 03/11/12
Loc: Florida
      #270064 - 01/09/13 12:38 PM

Hailing from Tampa and I had the same question for my doc. He told me that as long as I take it that night.... normally I take mine at 10 pm it doesn't matter. as long as it is that night. There have been time when I take it at 9 or 11 or 12 but I mostly always take it within that 3 hour time span. Also... I am on Atripla so it is one pill. I have one of those things on my keychain that contains 1 pill in case of emergency. At the start of each month I take that one and replace it with a new one so I don't have to worry about if it is good or not.. Just some advice. Hope it helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2517

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3