Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
NewTLC44

Reged: 08/24/12
Have anyone hear about the new HIV manual for the pastors
      #265874 - 08/24/12 06:24 PM

If ya`ll haven`t heard about the new HIV manual for the pastor to learn how to talk to their congregation about the issues of HIV and AIDS.it was a article in my hometown newspaper the Ocala Star Banner and this pastor Timothy W.Sloan said he had taking along before he could talk his congregation about this issue and so about a year an half ago he joined a organization of pastors where they created this manual on how to talk to your congregation about HIV and AIDS and so Sloan and the NAACP activity these manuals and then one sunday he started to talk about this disease to his congregation and he was surprised with an standing ovation at the end of his speech.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Letstalk

Reged: 04/30/12
Loc: Norrth Carolina
Re: Have anyone hear about the new HIV manual for the pastors new
      #266020 - 09/02/12 01:08 AM

I have heard about the manual, but some of the African American ministers here in North Carolina won't even look at the manual. They have told me that "if a person has AIDS he deserves it" and other comments like this

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: Have anyone hear about the new HIV manual for the pastors new
      #266035 - 09/02/12 12:11 PM

That's great! I'm glad to hear something responsible and uplifting come out. Talking about this responsibly and realistically is the only way to break the stigma. That, and to really lift the veil helps prevent new infections because it gets constructive, informed discussion out in the open, accessible to everyone. I hope this positive event sets a trend in the right direction!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1500

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3