Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
well it appears ok so far
      #264399 - 07/06/12 03:59 PM

the surgery went well yesterday, so far that i can tell. the pain is really bad, which i assume will subside in due time. i was nervous the night before, but once i was on the table it was to late to turn back, of corse i was so doped up i couldnt move my mouth to say so.
i wont be able to do a thing for about 6 weeks, that is except lie down and relax. but being so friggen hot out why would anyone want to do anything but stay inside?
i guess my point is i will be able to write on my blog and write here because the surgery didnt take as much out of me as i would have guessed.
my sugeon told me, i may have to wait untill this heals before the other 3 disks can be repaired too. then i get to have my ankle fused together, then theres the knee, maybe i will be so new i will be like the 6 million dollar manb, faster, stronger, see better too. lol

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: well it appears ok so far new
      #264484 - 07/10/12 09:19 AM

Glad and relieved that all went well and that your doing well. Stay strong , its the beginning of a long road. Just remember to enjoy the views as you travel down the yellow brick road to full complete recovery .

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #264493 - 07/10/12 10:34 AM

It's so good to hear from you!! I'm so pleased to hear you are on the mend. It sounds like you are getting great care and that your doc has a comprehensive and reasonable plan to get you well and active again.

Great to see you back!

alive2
Guardian

#264497 - 07/10/12 12:23 PM

no way im going on any brick road, too bumpy. i feel like its winter, not getting outside to tend to my garden is really getting to me. although my wife is taking good care of it. we were lucky to get some cukes, few tomatoes, radishes, and eggplant already, its so nice to just pick stuff fresh and without chemicals. i guess you can say im going green cause i dont have to start the car, just get into the yard and i know its fresh cause we pick it. maybe thats why im getting along good. just a thought.
thanks for thinking about me, i appreciate both of your concern. but how are you doing?

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #264513 - 07/10/12 09:24 PM

I'm doing pretty well. I'm enjoying a bumper crop of bananas from my trees, and the squash are threatening to devour the yard, so my little gardening activities are going well. The kids are healthy and happy and doing well in school, so I'm feeling great about that. My GF is getting over a cold, so I've been giving her lots of TLC. She's nearly got it licked now. Overall, things are good!

When do you meet with your PT's, or have you already?

alive2
Guardian

#264527 - 07/11/12 09:05 AM

no pt foe me i have to have my ankle fused, i broke it a year ago and the screws didnt work out well. but i return to my surgeon on aug. 5th. then its off to the orthopedic surgeon, when ankle is done its time for the knee, torn meniscus, and torn it band. told you i felt like a train wreck. when its all done i will have many days of pt.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1394

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3