Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Cruhaven

Reged: 11/22/11
I need to rant!
      #261963 - 03/23/12 11:37 AM

I need to rant. Excuse the following language. I am so fucking pissed at the State of MN. I have been denied coverage for the meds for my disease simply because in their fucking estimation I make too much money. And MA has terminated my coverage for whatever reason, something I can not get a firm answer from anyone. I am just so pissed that the state can determine who lives and who does not, simply based on economics. And yet they say they are compassionate and reasonable. Fuck them! I may be able to get 1 month supply through a grant at HCMC but after that, it looks like I am on my own. I am just so fucking upset at the moment.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: I need to rant! new
      #261974 - 03/24/12 01:06 PM

That is what I call living in the gray area. Thats when you really don't make enough but goverment stards say you make too much. Welcome to the gray area, it sucks, and means that you just got to fight harder for the same things that others get handed to them. Know the feeling all too well.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

denise03

Reged: 03/09/12
Loc: Texas
      #261978 - 03/24/12 05:08 PM

Talk about it and get it off your chest. It's very frustrating when you hear mess like that. I was denied food stamps some years ago because I showed them a check stub that was on paper but the money was already spent because I was late on my rent. I made slightly over the guide line to get food stamps then. Now I can't get them because I have no more dependents because my kids have now grown up. A couple of years ago then they gave them to me for emergency purpose because I had a part time job. I was required to worked those cerrtain hours and look for work those other hours to make up the work search hours. Well they knew I was HIV / AIDS so I got hospitalized and could not look for work and I didn't know to lie so when it came time to renew my food stamps they were denied. The system is really screwed. It really seems as if no one cares.

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
      #261985 - 03/25/12 11:24 AM

I feel terrible, hearing what you are going through. One thing that came to my mind was The Gilead Access Program. Could this help you? Here is the URL: http://www.gilead.com/us_patient_access

My only other suggestion is to try to travel to a country that has the meds at affordable prices, stock up, and come home. I live in Thailand, where I pay for my meds out of pocket, about $100 USD/month. I get them through the Red Cross. They are the same meds, from the same factories that friends in the US are paying thousands of dollars for, per month. I have met many people, from all over the world, who come here, buy six months of meds at a time, and then jet home.

I am so sorry for your dilemma. These are the only things I can think of that may help until a permanent solution can be found. Please contact me if you need help contacting the Red Cross.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1203

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3