Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Brianne

Reged: 02/21/12
Please help me understand...
      #261329 - 02/21/12 01:29 PM

Hi all-
My name is Brianne and I am currently finishing up my last semester as a graduate social work student. As of May, I will have my Master's degree in Social Work. At this point, I am enrolled in a course called "Social Work with HIV/AIDS" and one of our assignments is to interview someone who is HIV positive. I can't say that I personally know anyone who is HIV positive, so I was hoping that this forum would be helpful to me. If anyone is willing to share their experiences I would greatly appreciate it. I am a very open-minded, curious person and I strongly believe that professionals, especially in the field of social work, should be competent in working in the field of HIV/AIDS. My hope is that I will hear stories and experiences that will allow me to understand the thoughts and feelings behind living with HIV/AIDS. I am not here to pass judgment - I just simply want to listen to your reflections and feedback. To anyone who would like to share, I truly appreciate your bravery and courageousness in doing so. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: Please help me understand... new
      #261340 - 02/21/12 10:01 PM

Hi Brianne,

I'd be happy to talk with you. Send me a message with any questions you may have. Also, I'd be happy to talk over Skype if you wish. Take care, and good luck with your program!

Brianne

#261362 - 02/22/12 09:11 PM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your willingness to talk to me. Unfortunately I don't have Skype, but I appreciate the offer. I don't really have a set of questions that I'm looking to answer. I'm really just interested in hearing what people's experiences have been like...the highs, the lows, and everything in between. If someone were to ask you for your story, what would you tell them? What stands out? I'd like to keep it as open-ended as possible because I don't want to put any limitations or borders on anyone's response. Again, thank you so much!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #261376 - 02/23/12 05:07 PM

Contact those that have already offered . It's easier than everyone posting their stories which we've all told time and time again. It takes too much typing space for all of us pos folks to retype , once again. So contact us Brianne by pm or whatever avenue someone suggests. We are very willing to talk to you .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Brianne

#261482 - 02/28/12 02:28 PM

Here are some specific questions, if that'd be more helpful:
How was the testing process? What kind of thoughts/feelings did you experience? What has your experience with medications been like and what types of meds have you been on? What people/groups/agencies have been the most helpful and supportive? The least? What has your experience with stigma been like? What have you come to learn about yourself and/or the world as a result? How have your family/friends/loved ones dealt with this? What is your biggest strength? Biggest fear?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1349

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3