Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
De-criminalization Stories
      #261301 - 02/20/12 08:50 AM

It truly saddened me to read the horror that some pos people were put through in our court systems. And what scared me just as much was those that caused that due to being malicious over a broken relationship. Whats next? Disclousure papers for prospective partners to sign before getting involved? Just to cover ones butt from being prosecuted? Sad,,,so sad. Honesty is sooo important from everyone concerned . From pos to neg.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #261316 - 02/20/12 08:27 PM

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: De-criminalization Stories new
      #261345 - 02/22/12 01:08 AM

It is really terrible. The rash of cases I have been reading the last few months is just awful. I can't imagine someone with any reason buying into this terrible trend. It feels like a time warp to 20 years ago.

alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
      #261348 - 02/22/12 12:25 PM

i see where the potential can come from when it involves having proof of notification. but, its just another step to protect ourselves. this is tantamout to a pre nup in my eyes.
but where i dont like this is the fact the stigma is further pushed into our lives because of having to prove something. i worry that this could lead to bringing back the lepor colonies, just due to social stigma. sure i may be putting the cart before the horse, but many people dont know or still dont understand hiv/ aids, and thats the real sad part

tcocoa
Regular

Reged: 07/19/07
      #262659 - 04/24/12 08:10 AM

What is sad is that these laws were established in part because back in the early 90's when Reagan was president he refused to give states any HIV funding UNLESS they institued laws aimed at reducing HIV. Unfortunately the laws have NOT been revisited to keep up with science and the research on HIV. States still prosecute HIV poz ppl on the basis that the disease is a death sentence and we know that just isnt true anymore. The Positive Justice Project and the HIV Law and Policy Non Profit groups have been petitioning the gov't to change the law or at least revise them especially when it is consensual sex. It is really up to us to demand that from our elected officials. Start a petition so that this doesnt become widespread. I know the Rep Barbara Lee from CA has already introduced a bill call HR3053 Repeal HIV Criminalization Laws, unfortunately lets hope the REpubs will get over their bigotry enough to pass this as law and soon.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1424

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3