Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
judge needed for guy(hiv pos) who wants to be cop
      #260647 - 01/27/12 08:01 AM

i was just reading about this case, it clearly is breaking federal law, americans with disabilities act. but i have more of an issue with the peoples comments on yahoo, and how they all sound as if they know what it is they are talking about, when in fact they just have opinions, and they are all wrong about them.
being this country is so far behind the world on this issue, i move for the federal government to make it a regulation to start to teach fundamental thinking, this is not a subject that should be taken so lightly.
hiv, according to most commentators on the story on yahoo, makes me more stereotyped, and gives me more reason on why i wish people at least knew what they talk about before opening their mouths. sure some may be just being smart arses, but, how many of them really beleive what they are saying, i would bet a dollar to a penny most of them.
its really weird how many lawsuits are being levied against states lately, because of the lunatics running the asylums kind of mentallity around this country.
the way to defeat ignorance is education.now i feel better. hope i didnt waste anyones time on this subject. from the doctor on throught the system, in atlanta are guilty on this. so instead of using the money he will win, on more important issues we lose it to ignorance, what a shame.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: judge needed for guy(hiv pos) who wants to be cop new
      #260663 - 01/27/12 05:54 PM

yeah, a lot of people are so grossly misinformed about HIV transmission and just living with HIV in general.

i used to get really frustrated with the comments on HIV criminalization articles, but i've learned to accept them as part of the nature of the internet beast.

just remember it's not you. stay calm and patient. all you can do is educate!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
      #260664 - 01/27/12 06:46 PM

the fact i see is the same avenue they use to complain and berate others is the same medium they could use to educate themselves with, then they would at least have an informed decision. the very reason i came here was to get myself informed on things in the correct light. but to be ignorant hurts everyone everywhere, not just those who are having to fight for their rights. but im calm . thanks

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #260669 - 01/27/12 08:49 PM

I've read a lot of the same comments, hell I live in Atlanta and its been a hot topic among people as of late. You should hear the crap spewing from their mouths under whispered breath I am sure their asses are jealous.

Anyway, when I hear or read those comments I remember one saying that helps me laugh it off.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you silly with experience.

The people that make those comments don't want to be educated, they are happy living in their own little version of reality. No matter what you tell them or what you show them they won't change. One they don't want to change, and two they won't comprehend it anyway which will only add to the fear.

There is a recent article on yahoo you may find enlightening about ignorant dumb asses. It's been true everywhere I go and I have traveled a lot in my short years so far.

http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-linked-prejudice-180403506.html

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1431

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3