Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
John Simpson
Unregistered

Heterosexual AIDS?
      #25929 - 12/22/01 01:27 PM

It kind of struck me the other day that I know of no heterosexuals that have gotten AIDS. Why is this? Why do gay men only get it. I know that they say that heteros get it to but I really don't believe they do. How can a virus decide who is gay and who is straight? Very strange!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Heterosexual AIDS? new
      #25940 - 12/22/01 06:13 PM

I for one am hetro and so is my husband. Yes it does happen. You are living in a false sense of security.

You say you don't know any hetros with it. Maybe they have just chosen not to tell you. I tend to only tell people I know I can trust.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25942 - 12/22/01 08:10 PM

I'm sorry Jackie Blue but I think your a minority. I have many heterosexual friends and they would tell me if they had any health challenges. They also know of no one I have had the conversation with many of them. many of them feel its a gay disease and are not concerned. Perhap they need not be concerned if their friends have never had AIDS. Yet all I need to do is walk through the gay village and see plenty of "gay" men who are on the "aids cocktials". To me this is odd thats all. Maybe you live in denial of some sort. I choose to see the world as it is. I'm not saying that hiv does not exsists but there is something odd about the whole thing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25957 - 12/23/01 02:47 PM

seventy five percent of the people who are infected around the world are heterosexual. Check out UNAIDS.org.

Also by "heterosexual" do you mean men or women? The biggest risk is to the receptive partner. So women are 8 times more likely to get HIV then men from women. (or gay men having receptive anal sex). Get it? In any case, your small circle of friends is no study! And are they all getting tested? Lots of people have HIV and don't know it!
18% of new infections are in heterosexual women who got it from men.
There are also lots of heterosexual men who get it from sharing needles. However, it's much harder for a man to get it from a woman, but it happens. But having unsafe sex is not only a risk for HIV, but for lots of other stds, many of which have been died to cancer. So have fun, but be careful!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25958 - 12/23/01 03:58 PM

Maybe you’re the one living in denial. While AIDS is a big problem in the gay population. Heterosexuals are in no way immune to it. I’m happy that you know no one who has it, I pray for your sake you never have to have anyone close to you who is HIV+. You say “ I choose to see the world as it is.” That does not mean there is a world other than the one you see. Sorry to say you’re arrogant, and also ignorant about the disease. I feel sorry for you in that regard.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25961 - 12/23/01 07:10 PM

I think that person meant we all create our own reality. And that they prefer to question some things. Whats wrong with questioning? Compliance was what they wanted in Hitler's Germany you know and look at that mess.

altazar
Expert

Reged: 11/14/00
      #25965 - 12/23/01 09:34 PM

just to let you know that there are many hetrosexual + people i should know i am one of them

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26024 - 12/26/01 11:42 PM

John Simpson said: "How can a virus decide who is gay and who is straight? Very strange!"

This sounds like one of the first false premises upon which the so-called dissident movement is built. Obviously a virus does not "decide" who to infect. But by using this rhetoric, dissidents can try to convince gay people that they have been the victims of terrible, anti-gay propaganda and conspiracy. Yet no one in the mainstream of medicine claims that HIV only infects gay people. I repeat, there is NO ONE who has any significant knowledge of HIV that would claim that HIV only infects gay people. So why do the dissidents try to use it to their advantage? It would seem that this tactic would fail miserably. But apparently the dissident's like to pick and choose who is saying what, and manipulate the facts until they fit their theories.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26050 - 12/27/01 04:09 PM

I am very much a hetrosexual male and I have had the disesase for almost 2 years... that I know of. The doc told me that I have had it a while before I found out. This disease is NOT one that decides who it infects but rather will infect ANYONE.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26304 - 01/03/02 06:31 PM

Guys, relax. I don't think anyone has the right to call another person "ignorant" or "arrogant". If you have a point to make; make it. Having HIV doesn't inherently make you wise.

eafire

Reged: 12/01/01
      #26435 - 01/05/02 09:35 PM

You sir, are an idiot!

e

Arron
Unregistered

#27238 - 01/21/02 04:19 AM

I think most of the responders need to read Johns post again. John asks "Why do only gay men get AIDS"?. He is not saying they are the only people who are HIV+. But that is a totally valid question. All of my gay friends know handfulls of their gay friends who have "AIDS"? I dont know one heterosexual who has "AIDS"? (but i am not saying there are none) I know people who are HIV+...who are all well. It is not about aportioning blame. Its about opening our eyes to the fact that the causes of "AIDS" maybe not as clear cut as first thought. If "AIDS" (NOT HIV) did not discriminate then people would be equally affected right across the board throughout society, but thats just not the case. Can you really say that HIV = AIDS...with no doubts or hesitation at all. Why do some people who are HIV+ become ill and others dont. Look at some peoples life styles, the ways they compromise their immune system with loads of recreational and pharmaceutical drugs, lack of good nutrition, sleep etc etc. If you are HIV+ you should be asking these questions all the time. Because "SCIENTISTS" say something IS..doesnt mean it definitely IS. You only have to look back through recent history to see how often mainstream and orthodox "SCIENCE" has later been proved to be wrong. Those with blinkered and rigid minds are obsessed with the word DISSIDENT. I think over time those who are HIV+ who live normal long lives will be those who question the entrenched dogma of the mainstream HIV/AIDS orthodoxy and act accordinly.

Arron
Unregistered

Re: Heterosexual AIDS? Missing the point! new
      #27299 - 01/23/02 04:38 AM

The whole point to this thing is not that some people are HIV+. Of course some people are HIV+, but what does that mean? You have had a positive result to a test in which the antibodies have been proven to be non specific to HIV. The test does not even look for virus. If you are found to be positive on the ELISA test, why is a Western Blot used to confirm the ELISA. If the Western Blot is so accurate, why do the ELISA? Why does the inventor of PCR (Kary Mullis) object to it being used to detect (HIV) viral load?...read for yourself

http://www.healtoronto.com/vloadcm.html

The point is, we need to pay closer attention to why some people become ill and others do not. How often has history shown us how many times mainstream science and medicine have got it wrong. Can we really say without a shadow of a doubt that the HIV = AIDS equasion is set in stone? Is it really that far fetched to see that people who have been given a positive result (psychologically toxic, anxiety, stress, lack of sleep etc) and talked into taking a cocktail of daily drugs eventually come to suffer from immune suppresion? AZT? a drug that was initially refused licence due to its toxicity! The whole point is to continually question?

DaveyBoy
Regular

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Heterosexual HIV+ Positive new
      #104362 - 07/30/04 04:44 PM

Trends are seeming that black females are highest HIV population risk at the moment, and they are heteros... I am a white (pink actually) hetero male living with HIV!

There is a community of HIV+ heteros on the net, http://www.HeteroPOZ.com is an example.

--------------------
www.HIV-AIDS-CHAT.com
www.POZitiveLiving.com
www.HIVsearch.com
www.POZ.ca

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4902

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3