#256722 - 07/25/11 11:31 PM

Post deleted by CountTheStars

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Help I dont know what these labs mean!!! new
      #256724 - 07/26/11 01:23 AM

Means you are doing pretty well. Your Viral load is not very high and your cd4 is above 500. Although your combined cd3 & 4 are a little low but not horribly low. The CMV just means at some point you had the Cytomegalovirus (CMV).

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is one of the herpesviruses. This group of viruses includes the herpes simplex viruses, varicella-zoster virus (which causes chickenpox and shingles), and Epstein-Barr virus (which causes infectious mononucleosis, also known as mono). CMV is a common infection that is usually harmless. Once CMV is in a person's body, it stays there for life. Among every 100 adults in the United States, 50–80 are infected with CMV by the time they are 40 years old.

Also not a big deal.

The mean corpuscular volume, or "mean cell volume" (MCV), is a measure of the average red blood cell volume that is reported as part of a standard complete blood count. Yours is a little elevated which is a condition called macrocytic anemia again not to high so I wouldn't worry about it. if its a continual trend then worry but one lab result isn't any more than a starting point.

The mean corpuscular hemoglobin, or "mean cell hemoglobin" (MCH), is the average mass of hemoglobin per red blood cell in a sample of blood. Again slightly elevated but not a huge concern. If you didn't fast before these tests it could throw these numbers off even stress. Just relax you seem to be doing well.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1323

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3