Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Three months on meds... and feeling GREAT!
      #255959 - 06/01/11 12:40 PM

Hi everyone!

Well, I've been a little quiet for a while, but I have been doing very well. I am at the end of my third month on the Atripla meds, and have been doing excellent! April and May was the real test of the meds, because I have been working three jobs, moved house, and taking care of my three kids. After a very trying month, with little sleep, I was victorious and made it through, strong and healthy. I feel fantastic and all my friends comment on how healthy and strong I look.

Well, tomorrow is the real test - I get my first labs done to check my VL and CD4's, since starting the meds. As you may remember, I started the meds on March 5th. I had taken a second reading on March 3rd and my CD4's were up from 403, the initial test after being diagnosed, to 525, and my VL was down from 61,000 to 22,000. I was really encouraged by this because it showed that the lifestyle changes I made had improved my situation, even before the meds began.

So, it has now been three months, and time to check my numbers... I feel confident that things will be good, but I'm a little nervous tonight as I try to get ready for bed.

It will take about 10 days for me to get my numbers back (it takes the Red Cross a while to get the labs returned) - I will let everyone know what happens! Fingers crossed!

In case anyone is interested, I am taking one Centrum multivitamin every day, one Caltrate Plus, and milk thistle ((samarin) my liver enzymes were a little high after the one-month mark - the milk thistle made them come down to normal levels almost over-night!).

I will be getting my blood drawn at about the same time of day as the prior two draws, about 9:30-10AM. So, I am feeling hopeful that my numbers will be good - I'll let you know!

Thanks to everyone for their support in getting me through my initial diagnosis, helping me with this transition and helping me stay positive and in good spirits. This community of ours is probably 7/10ths of what gets me through each day feeling happy and confident!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
Re: Three months on meds... and feeling GREAT! new
      #256018 - 06/03/11 01:20 PM

hope all is well.

trulife
Fanatic

Reged: 12/01/10
Loc: South
      #256058 - 06/05/11 09:59 PM

Hey stranger....glad to see that things are going well for you. I am doing great as well. It's been a minute since we communicated and I was very happy to see your post. Good luck with your labs. I am sure it will all turn out great. Keep up the good work my friend.

Nicolas2

Reged: 03/19/11
      #256059 - 06/05/11 10:38 PM

And I want to thank YOU for a tremendous support you've been giving to me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1216

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3