Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
POZGAL43

Reged: 05/05/11
How i deal with living with hiv
      #255516 - 05/05/11 11:01 PM

HI,I`M POZGAL43 , I`AM 43 BUT I WAS 42 WHEN I FIRST WAS DIAGNOSED IN JUNE 23,2010. I CAN SAY THAT I WAS SOMEWHAT SURPRISE BUT IN MY MIND I KNEW IT WAS EITHER HIV OR AIDS BECAUSE MY LAST TEST WAS IN 2000 AND I WAS NEGATIVE THEN BUT THIS TIME I WAS LOSING WEIGHT TOO FAST AND MY MOTHER AND SOME OF MY CHURCH MEMBERS NOTICE THAT I HAD LOST WEIGHT TOO. SO I PLAYED IT OFF LIKE I WAS ON AN DIET OR CUT DOWN ON EATING.SO I DECIDE TO GO TO THE HEALTH DEPT TO SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT MY WEIGHT AN MY RUNNY NOSE SO WHEN I SEEN THE DOCTOR I ALREADY WAS GOING TO GET A HIV TEST THAT TODAY TOO,SO I TOLD THE DOCTOR I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A HIV TEST AND HE TOLD ME THEY HAVE GOOD MEDS NOW FOR IT.NEXT HE WROTE ME A PRESCRIBS FOR MY NOSE AND NEXT WENT TO THE DAP DEPT AND ASK FOR A HIV TEST.THEN A LADY CAME AND GOT ME AND WE WENT TO HER LITTLE OFFICE UP THE HALL FROM THE DAP DEPT AND THEN SHE START ASKING ME QUESTIONS ABOUT SEX LIFE AND MY PARNTERS THAT I HAD IN THE PRESENT AND THE PAST,SO THEN SHE SWAP THE INSIDE OF MY MOUTH AND THEN TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN TWO WEEKS TO GET THE RESULTS AND SO I DID BUT SHE WASN`T THERE SO TWO DAYS LATER I GOT A CALL FROM THEM AT THE DAP DEPT OF THE HEALTH DEPT TO COME IN WHERE THEY CAN TALK WITH ME ABOUT MY RESULTS,BUT I TOLD MY MOTHER THAT IT WAS THE RESULTS FROM MY BLOOD WORK THAT THEY DID A WEEK AGO ON ME SO ON THE WAY TO HEALTH DEPT MY MOTHER ASK ME WOULD I TELL HER THE TRUTH AND THEN I START TO CRY BECAUSE I MYSELF KNEW IT WAS BAD BAD NEWS SO I ANSWER HER "YES I WILL,YES MAMA" THEN WHEN I GOT THERE "I" ONLY I GOT OUT OF THE TRUCK AN WENT INTO THE HEALTH DEPT TO THE DAP DEPT THEN THE SAME LADY THAT TOOK THE TEST SHE HAD MY RESULTS.SHE ASK ME FIRST DID I HAVE SOMEONE WITH ME AND I SAID "YES.SO THEN SHE ASK DID I KNOW WHAT IS HIV-POSITIVE AND I SAID NO! BUT SHE TOLD ME IT WASN`T AIDS AND THEN I HAD SOME RELIEF OFF OF MY CHEST BUT THAT WASN`T THE BIG BLOW.SHE TOLD ME THAT I WAS HIV-POSITIVE AND IT`S NOT AN DEATH SENTENCE NOW TODAY LIKE IT WAS IN THE 80`S WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT BECAUSE NOW THERE IS MEDS THAT SLOW THE PROGRESS OF HIV DOWN BEFORE IT TURN INTO AIDS.NOW HOW I DEAL WITH LIVING WITH HIV,I JUST TAKE MY VITAMINS EVERY DAY AND ALSO TAKE MY BLOOD PRESSURE PILLS,IRON PILL AND TAKE AN NAP EVERY DAY ,BECAUSE MY BODY WILL LET ME KNOW WHEN IT`S TRIED,AND ALSO SOMEDAYS I DON`T FEEL GOOD I JUST DON`T DO NOTHING AT ALL.BUT I`AM RIGHT NOW COME UP ON MY FIRST YEAR OF BEING HIV + JUNE 23RD AND I CAN SAY THAT THE GOOD LORD HAS BLESS ME TO ALMOST LET ME SEE MY FIRST YEAR THUR AND THAT HOW I DEAL WITH LIVING WITH HIV.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alive2
Guardian

Reged: 03/08/07
Re: How i deal with living with hiv new
      #255517 - 05/05/11 11:31 PM

sounds like your doing well dealing with hiv being part of your life. keep on doing just that.take care

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: How i deal with living with hiv new
      #255651 - 05/15/11 03:37 AM

Hi PozGal!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! I am so glad you are doing well and feeling good and feeling good about yourself. Glad to see meet you!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1236

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3