Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
virginmary

Reged: 12/10/10
boyfriend threatening to disclose if i leave him
      #253499 - 12/10/10 04:10 PM

Hi Peeps,

I have not disclosed to any member of my family because they are probably the most judgemental people I know. My mom would just blame me til the day she dies. Now I have a problem with my boyfriend because I don't want to be in the relationship anymore but it's like he's forcing me to stay because he's threatening that if I leave him, he will tell my mom about my status. Telling her is not an option, she will not understand no matter how you try to educate her. She understands HIV pretty well but she is still very judgemental. Just to give you an idea of hoe judgemental she is- she thinks the reason why my son has special needs is because I deserve it for having a child before getting married

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: boyfriend threatening to disclose if i leave him new
      #253500 - 12/10/10 04:32 PM

He's an ass for doing that. Don't let him blackmail you. Be pre-emptive. Go crying to Mama about how you broke up with him and he's trying to get revenge by telling people you have HIV. OH, He's so horrible! She probably gonna give you her opinion, but then if he does say anything, you've already set the reason why. Just make sure he doesn't have any paper proof he could show her. Might also see if a restraining order can be put on him.

This type of thing shows a good reason for forging ahead and disclosing to people, letting the chips fall as they may. People can't blackmail people who have no secrets.

Good luck

royalone

Reged: 12/14/10
      #253544 - 12/14/10 05:55 PM

Hello my friend, you have your own life to live do not allow any one to black mail you. It is time you realise you are old enough to live your life, no one else can do that for you. So love your mom respect her and go on with your life. As to you boyfriend he can get into trouble for that but if he loves you he would want to see you happy with him or not so just speak with your social worker who i am sore will beable to help to move on. Love, laugh, Live life is still great.

go4it

Reged: 12/16/10
      #253560 - 12/16/10 06:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem.
Now it sounds to me as if your bf is real scum, if so there must be plenty of durt to dig up about him too, which gives you the opportunity to turn the tables, this might convince him to reconsider.
I always fight fire with fire, and advise you to do the same.
Best of luck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2542

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3