HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
klclt
New User

Reged: 03/03/10
Workplace/Acadaemia Issues
      #252669 - 10/24/10 05:06 AM

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this site when I first came back as poz. I didn't know what to do or how to deal with it, and this site has been a lifesaver. And then, I disappeared for about 6 months.

Tonight's one of those "bad nights," though. Tonight, I'm not as mostly-fearless as I usually am. I'm dealing with a roomful of catty women and backstabbing and backbiting. I've been in situations like this before, where you don't know who you can trust and your bosses treat you all like children. It's maddening when you're healthy, and this is the first time I've dealt with it since HIV.

I'm keeping my mouth shut about things that I wouldn't have before, and I don't like it. I used to be someone that people would come to with concerns, because they knew I could phrase it well, and I wouldn't tell who said what. People still do come to me like that, but I've got a whole lot more to lose now, and I'm less likely to help them out. And I don't like it.

Any advice on how I can still use my writing/communication/silver tongue and not screw myself?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Veteran

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: Workplace/Acadaemia Issues new
      #252696 - 10/25/10 11:44 AM

hey what happened?

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

klclt
New User

Reged: 03/03/10
      #252707 - 10/25/10 06:21 PM

Long story short, there's a lot of gossip going on, and I've been asked a few times to kind of mediate. This mostly just me being angst ridden, but it's something that, while it's a headache, I wouldn't have minded doing before I got this diagnosis. But now, I just don't want to draw too much attention to myself until my work/financial situation is a little more certain. It's the kind of normal life stuff that happens all the time, but I feel like I'm wimping out because I don't want something I say to be used as an excuse if my HIV status were to become known. I know, I don't have to disclose in this case, but that "what if" is bugging me. That's pretty much it.

chiefe8
New User

Reged: 05/15/08
      #252721 - 10/26/10 12:09 PM

I too had these concerns over 22 yrs. ago when I tested poz. I was in the Navy at the time and in a position of counseling and advising. This is just me......but I decided, after awhile mind you, to just be myself and do my job. As you become more comfortable with youself being HIV poz, it will get easier but you have to have that comfort within you first. It will come, just let it happen. After 22 yrs +, other than taking meds and biannual visits to my Dr. I don't even think about my poz status. I hope this happens for you like it did me. Incedently, I am married and have been for 41 yrs. and have the support of her. Once again, do your job, sounds like you enjoy it and are liked by all, and just be yourself

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2316

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3